• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG pros rock - shoutout to Sarah Hokom & Don Smith

Completely not directed at anyone here just me babbling but I'm not really sure why some people find it rare that disc golf touring pros are just friendly down to earth people. I mean they're not really famous beyond our little niche sport and even then only a small percentage knows them or even care about their attitudes.
It has a lot to do with putting these people up on a pedestal, and somehow thinking that because they are good at something, they have to be held at a higher standard than the rest of us and can't act like human beings. Just another reason why idolatry is never a good thing.

Sorry folks, but Charles Barkley was right, and he made way more in one season than all of our touring pros put together.

Sarah, Don, Barsby and Brian Cook are by far some of the coolest people in disc golf. They are so laid back (one small exception would be Brian's temper) but overall really fun to play with, just really down to earth people.

It has a lot to do with putting these people up on a pedestal, and somehow thinking that because they are good at something, they have to be held at a higher standard than the rest of us and can't act like human beings. Just another reason why idolatry is never a good thing.

Sorry folks, but Charles Barkley was right, and he made way more in one season than all of our touring pros put together.

Yeah that's a good commercial and he's right. He just has a horrible golf swing.

What's funny is he may not have wanted to be a role model and have to act to a higher standard but Nike sure would have fired him quick as a spokesperson had he got out of line.