• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG shoe addicts, share your expertise!

I have around 50 pair of shoes in my closet that I wear, any of 5 or 6 for disc golf. My faves at the moment are Cushe Baja Base model, super comfortable, durable, waterproof and light weight. I like them much better than my delas

it's gotta be the shoes….

Vans. low tops in summer. high tops with wool socks when its wet & cold. they're like dx plastic for your feet! power and control comes from the ground up and its all about feel. I don't know a lot of people putting with champ/star putters.

I wear Vibram Bikilas on the course as long as it isn't wet, altho summer wet is less of a problem. Not waterproof (altho the Lontra are waterproof and winter-ready) and I've never had problems w/the soles on the teepad. I don't toe drag tho, so I could see that being an issue if you do given how they're constructed

I have around 50 pair of shoes in my closet that I wear, any of 5 or 6 for disc golf. My faves at the moment are Cushe Baja Base model, super comfortable, durable, waterproof and light weight. I like them much better than my delas

I just ordered a pair off of The Clymb for $75 bucks based off your post. Are they true to size?

I'm very happy with my Keen Marshall WP (waterproof). I was shocked how well they keep water out; I walked walking thru 3" deep puddles and my feet stayed bone dry. Light yet rugged.

My Keen Marshalls should be in today. Didn't get the waterproof model though because I live in the desert and don't have to deal with that much. Got a killer price on them at onlineshoes.com and free shipping.

I'm very happy with my Keen Marshall WP (waterproof). I was shocked how well they keep water out; I walked walking thru 3" deep puddles and my feet stayed bone dry. Light yet rugged.

How was the sizing? Never had Keens before and heard you need to size up a bit.

Mine are sized similar to nice dress shoes or quality running shoes (a 12 is a 12). I normally have to "size up" when buying Basketball shoes (nikes) or cheapo hiking boots (Columbia).

I'm really into backpacking and Vasque has been my choice for the last decade - great stuff! If it's wet or cold out there, I'll wear my Vasque to keep my feet warm and dry, but usually it's the Addidas Sombas...

Adidas Terrex Fast X

$60 right now for limitted sizes. Zero break in period, just comfortable and supportive from the get go. Great traction, even in frozen tundra. Heavy duty toe cap to keep shoes from exploding.

2073517-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Been playing in them everyday since they arrived 2 weeks ago and have zero complaints.

My normal shoe size 10 fits just fine, even when wearing wool socks/thicker socks. But my foot is kind of narrow, and these keens are pretty narrow. But I still have nothing bad to say about them after using solomans for 3+ years.

Adidas Terrex Fast X

$60 right now for limitted sizes. Zero break in period, just comfortable and supportive from the get go. Great traction, even in frozen tundra. Heavy duty toe cap to keep shoes from exploding.

2073517-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Been playing in them everyday since they arrived 2 weeks ago and have zero complaints.

Do these run big or small? I am typically a size 11 but they are sold out and only have 11 1/2 and 10 1/2 -- trying to get an idea of which one would fit better. Thanks! :)

I think this is a good looking shoe for disc golf, not that looks are all important, but there are some things I would kick my own ass before wearing~

I need a recommendation for a good durable shoe. I throw my drives forearm and drag my right toe, eventually the dragging adds up and puts holes on the side of my big toe. Any shoes, a steel toe athletic shoe maybe, that would stand up to the dragging on concrete tees? Ive put holes in 3 pairs of pumas and one pair of hiking boots (for winter rounds) in about a year and if I put a hole in my sock it starts grinding my toe nail and eventually the skin.

I need a recommendation for a good durable shoe. I throw my drives forearm and drag my right toe, eventually the dragging adds up and puts holes on the side of my big toe. Any shoes, a steel toe athletic shoe maybe, that would stand up to the dragging on concrete tees? Ive put holes in 3 pairs of pumas and one pair of hiking boots (for winter rounds) in about a year and if I put a hole in my sock it starts grinding my toe nail and eventually the skin.

Buy comfy shoes, apply this product
http://www.tufftoesports.com

I have used it for a couple years and it battle the dragging to the toe nicely.

I also considered trying to spray truck bed liner on the toes and see if that would do it.

I have tried. I helps a bit but it lacks the thickness to be real effective but the good part is that you can reapply whenever you need to.