• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Snake

Doofenshmirtz

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
A friend of mine found this snake on a course in Louisiana. Any idea what it is?

Saved_Image_20140822_223938.jpeg

Last edited:
Sure looks like a copperhead.

I think so...

I googled "snakes that look like copperheads" and nothing else has quite that pattern.

Pretty good rule of thumb to leave animals alone.
Particularly snakes.
Especially when you aren't sure what species they are.

Yeah that's cool, just pinch the **** out of its head. Cause you know, I'm sure it was bothering you and all, trying to play disc golf in its habitat. Let that be a lesson to all snakes. Don't try to live where dbags play disc golf. That'll show em.

Yeah that's cool, just pinch the **** out of its head. Cause you know, I'm sure it was bothering you and all, trying to play disc golf in its habitat. Let that be a lesson to all snakes. Don't try to live where dbags play disc golf. That'll show em.

That's what I was thinking.

I was looking for the "like" button. Anyway. I came across a Massasauga rattler at the Hudson Mills (original). We notified the park rangers. Wish I had a pic

Worse thread ever...why....it leads with a pic of a damn snake...

I hate snakes. I killed a rattler with my bow last year! He struck at me and got my snake boots. I ran away only to turn around and see him still coming at me. It was my best shot with a bow and he tasted good!

This is going to start a ferguson type thread drift.

Yes, that is a copperhead.

I've seen a baby rattle snake one time and my friend kept trying to pick it up. I was praying she didn't get bit.

She is really not smart! Baby snakes are more venomous than an adult of the same species....:doh:

Last edited:
She is really not smart! Baby snakes are more venomous than an adult of the same species....:doh:

They're not more venomous, they are more dangerous. Baby snakes haven't learned how to control the amount of venom they inject. OTOH, an adult rattler can give a "dry bite", where no venom is injected.

Good grief you suck. The venomous snake was caught, examined, then released out of the fairway. Do you know how many people would have killed it? GFY

A copperhead is one of the best snakes to have around. It won't bite you unless it has to (cornered or stepped on for example) and is great at reducing vermin. I've seen them on courses in the DFW area. If you stand still and look at them for over 5 seconds, they will slither or swim away... so you can get your disc.

A baby rattler is more dangerous because it hasn't developed its rattle yet. [No warning].

Latest posts