• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Superstitions

Some people I play with will give you a dollar if you hit metal on a tee shot and 5 dollars if you get an ace.

We used to play that. Not sure if 51 is the official name but thats what we call it.

For the whole not saying anything til the disc has landed. I've always thought and will always think that is the most ridiculous superstition in disc golf and anyone who gets upset over someone saying "nice shot" right before you hit a tree should just play alone.

Devils advocate: a shot is not over til it stops moving. So it would be more like "nice high speed turn" or "nice beginning of fade" lol jj

We used to play that. Not sure if 51 is the official name but thats what we call it.

For the whole not saying anything til the disc has landed. I've always thought and will always think that is the most ridiculous superstition in disc golf and anyone who gets upset over someone saying "nice shot" right before you hit a tree should just play alone.

Man, I was niced by a group about 4-5 holes from me, this guy was screaming nice so loud it was throwing my game off half the park away. SUAT.

That's not sound reasoning. A nice shot can get unlucky and still have been a good throw. There's nothing wrong with complimenting an actual good throw.

agreed my friends who have just started often have good throws that get unlucky but I like to point out positives of good throws...low, hard, good snap etc.