• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGA Giveaway - Last day!!

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Day 4 is complete! It looks like sponsorship of holes or local clubs funding the holes through tournaments, etc. Check out the thread and no need to stop the conversation just because we're onto the next day! Sisyphus's post talking about engraved paver stones was a cool idea. I've seen it done at Lake Shore Park in Ashtabula, OH and even my local club was talking about doing it at one point but sadly the plans fell through.

For those unfamiliar with how the giveaway works, here's a link to the intro post.

So on with Day 5! The prizes today are a Tsunami Tee and a Proline Torrent!

What resources or product(s) would you like to see DGA come out with in the future?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Day5-Tsunami-Tee-ProLine-Torrent.jpg
    Day5-Tsunami-Tee-ProLine-Torrent.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
DGA needs to come out with a cheaper tee sign. It's irritating to see a tee sign get vandalized or broken and never replaced because it costs too much.

It would be cool if DGA had some sort of newbie friendly type tournament (a la the Ace Race/Trilogy Challenge/etc). I don't think many casual discers know squat about DGA products. Maybe if DGA discs could be folded into Ace Races, it would help to get the awareness out there.

I would like to see either a light weight disc bundle that could be sold to schools for disc golf in PE, or even have the school start a disc golf course like Buffalo Prairie Middle School in Buffalo, MO. It would be a great way to get people interested in Disc Golf and in DGA products. Maybe also providing custom stamps for tournaments, because my first disc (a dx roc) came from a tournament I went to, and because I didn't know a thing about disc golf, I checked out Innova Discs BECAUSE of the disc I recieved at the tournament. I know it is up to the Tournament Director if custom discs will be ordered, but having that option would be pretty sweet. Also keep coming up with shirt designs, they are all pretty awesome.

I would love to see DGA come out with a solid starter disc kit. I've tried out a few starter sets and the discs are really really bad. The starter discs I've thrown(And the discs I've had a few newbies throw) just die in the air. My newbie friends got frustrated very quickly because the discs were so difficult to throw. One of my friends even quit after one round because he said the sport was "a waste of time". I would love to see a solid starter product on the shelves. The discs should be very easy to throw, so beginners don't get frustrated their first time. Now that would be a product that could turn "Maybe" disc Golfers into "Lifetime" disc golfers.

Another low profile putter would be awesome like the Breaker but slightly understable. Something with a shallow rim 1.2-1.4 and height 1.8-1.9 but beefy rim 1.0-1.1. That's what I'm looking for!

Edit- Guy above posts same thing same time!

I would like to see a DGA complex in the middle of the country where three to five courses would be built utilizing their different baskets past and present. Mabey a museum/clubhouse/store type of thing where all things DGA are offered. Clothing/plastic/targets ect. could be had at discounted prices. There could be pros there to offer instruction and tell stories of this game we all love. Mabey an area with computers where you could see course layouts and work out your own course and have some idea how much it might cost. Of course an area with driving range/greens to try out all the DGA plastic offerings before you buy.
This place could host an international tournament once a year and call it the DGA Open. People would come from far and wide to witness the best play on the best courses. And of course DGA TV would be hosting and televising using all the best video guys out there now.

It would be cool if DGA had some sort of newbie friendly type tournament (a la the Ace Race/Trilogy Challenge/etc). I don't think many casual discers know squat about DGA products. Maybe if DGA discs could be folded into Ace Races, it would help to get the awareness out there.

I am not entering the contest but this is an excellent idea. Something easy for TD to organize by just ordering the number of player packs needed and including the prizes like the Trilogy challenge.

I would like to see dga come out with their rdga plastic in heavier weights. I had the opportunity to buy a large amount of it for the youth league. The plastic is awesome! It is like a grippy stiff innova pro plastic but better. Any of you who have tried the rdga plastic would agree. It is a grippy and medium stiff base plastic which would be great for putters! There base plastic formula bow, is not nearly as grippy and although I do consider it to be better than most base plastics it does not compare to the rdga plastic

I think it would be nice to offer a full starter kit to those that are just beginning. Low cost bag, driver, mid, putter, towel and reusable scorecard. This would allow someone that is just starting out to get on the course with everything they need to play a round. Sure, taking a few discs in a backpack is cool...but even better when you have the full equipment package ready to go.

Low cost discs, high quality bag and some other items that would make it worth while to those that are just starting to pick up the sport. It would be a great jumping off point to grab newer players to the sport.

My idea is much smaller than those listed above. How about a weatherproof clipboard for those rain soaked tourneys so you don't have to turn in a barely legible scorecard.

A beefy mid sized bag for quads or shoulder strap
-strong putter pocket
-insulated (mini cooler) end compartment
-firm and waterproof bottom (like Spiderwire fishing bags)
-a bungee on and off cover/rain fly rather than a full zipper top

Id love to see a very under stable putter that has the low profile of the breaker. I've never found a true understable putter out of the box besides the summit, and would love one in the Proline plastic.

Growing the sport

For myself, I would love to see DGA develop a premium glow plastic. The attributes a premium glow plastic must have are: grippy when wet, durable, retains flight characteristics over time, charge rapidly under UV light, glow for an extended period of time, and glow brightly (in conditions where a bright disc isn't desired you just charge a portion of the disc), and comes in colors.

For growing the sport, I would love to see a school kit. At the heart of the kit are low cost baskets/targets, tee markers, and lightweight easy to throw discs. The kit has value for schools because lesson plans and advice on setting up a course are available through an interactive online portal. Ultimately, this web page becomes a clearing house for lesson sharing and school team development. Once disc golf is part of scholastic sports, we have arrived,

I would like to see DGA introduce lessons from pros. I just started playing and I could talk to countless folks playing the course and ask them my questions, or I can go onto YouTube and watch videos on the different subjects of disc golf, but there's nothing like a one on one training experience with a knowledgeable pro/ranked amateur. The additional revenue for the trainer and his/her sponsors would be welcomed, plus the exposure for growing the sport would be paramount. This is a ball golf multimillion dollar business. I think it could be in disc golf too.

Thanks

peabody's idea about that DGA complex is awesome but I think Stardoggy's idea here is actually a realistic proposition. So a winner is you! PM incoming!

Now to start working on my DGCR multi-course megacomplex :)

I would love to have DGA develop a basket trade in system. Where clubs could sell back used baskets for discounts on new ones. Then DGA take the used baskets and refurbish them and sell or donate them in areas where there aren't a lot of disc golf courses. Even if you could sell the refurbished baskets to schools and universities in an effort to grow the sport more competitively rather than casually, that would be a big boost to our sport.