• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA's new disc, the Torrent.

SP Torrent is more stable than the ProLines. But you can still manage some turn out of them. Not SP FLX Hurricane stable.

Nice bag bbplayr. I would add a ProLine Rouge to fill a more understable distance driver to your bag.

I do have a proline roque, in fact my only ace over 300 ft was with a proline roque, a much better disc than a surge ss. Bryson, have you thrown a crank? Like I said I am trying to make the switch to all dga bag. But I am in love with crank.

I do have a proline roque, in fact my only ace over 300 ft was with a proline roque, a much better disc than a surge ss. Bryson, have you thrown a crank? Like I said I am trying to make the switch to all dga bag. But I am in love with crank.

I have thrown the crank. I have a beat first run Hurricane that flies similar to a crank.

This is probably a long shot, but has anyone compared a First Flight Torrent to the current run? Any visual differences?

I'll answer my own question. Got a pink production run Proline 175g Torrent in the mail today. Compared to all my other ones it is very flat with a much higher PLH. The plastic is much closer to Z than the other 1st run Proline Torrents I have. It's winter here today so I haven't thrown it, but if it's as beefy as I expect I don't think I'll be wanting any Torrents in SP.

Still getting the most distance out of my Torrents but they are not forgiving of bad throws so I usually stick with my Hurricanes when it matters most.

For all 2 of you who care:
Torrent001.jpg

Torrent002.jpg

Torrent007.jpg

I threw Torrents and hurricanes for a number of shots in my last tournament, but found myself turning to the hurricane more so than the torrent. To be fair I've put twice as much time into my hurricanes and feel confident hitting the lines, throwing the torrent my mind goes "big rim, throw hard, go far" and ended up throwing it too low and or turning it over with way less control.
It would be nice to tame this disc a little, and finding one with more HSS would be a big step in the right direction. If the new plastic is coming out results in a Flex 'cane stability equivalent that would be money.

Side note: I'd heard rumors of them mixing up there plastic blends over at DGA, and the Proline torrent from the Master Cup was definitely something I hadn't seen before, almost Pearly.

Just picked one up from Disc Golf Center. Proline, Standard Run. Looks like an Icon Cannon to me, with a touch more turn. The plastic was the same slight pearl of the first runs. Subtle, which I liked. Has a great feel. I hope they start using it for all their runs.

Still digging the Torrent. From what I've seen the first run are the best. More dome. I'm bagging 4 in differing stabilities. Hope to find an SP with some dome. The SP I have is a clunker.

I have two SP's one is amazing and goes forever, I really loved this disc when I played in Vegas it flipped and made some amazing lines in the thin air I put it on a slight anny and its does the same. The other one is a meat hook, I would like to try a proline with the hopes of it being a little more flippy.

Torrent

Hugely underrated. IMO it flies like a Nuke, but just a tiny bit less stable. Little shallower profile too, and it's definitely faster. I'll agree with the 14 speed rating. Great glide. Huge distance. I can rip it hard and flat and it'll track right very slightly before fading gently at the end of flight.

Nice plastic. Mine seems like opaque, marbled Z. Overall a very worthy driver that will hang with anything out today.

The newest run of sparkle Torrents is absolutely perfect. They're recognizable by the more opaque plastic with a bit of a pearl sheen. They have a mild dome unlike the last flat/see through run. For fans of super high speed big boy drivers, this is definitely a must try.

Torrent

The newest run of sparkle Torrents is absolutely perfect. They're recognizable by the more opaque plastic with a bit of a pearl sheen. They have a mild dome unlike the last flat/see through run. For fans of super high speed big boy drivers, this is definitely a must try.

It really is. Even the first time I took a Torrent to the practice field it was going as far or further than Bosses and Nukes. Very smooth, glidy flight. It seems to be built like a Katana, but a much better flight. Straighter, not as much high speed turn or sharp fade at the end. Better glide too.

My tabletop flat ProLine just meathooks. Having a hard time justifying a slot in the bag for it, and there a lot of slots in this bag.