• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2019

GoobyPls

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I haven't seen a new aces thread, so I'll start one up. Not that I've hit one so far this year. I've only managed to get in 2 rounds thus far, and one was played in a snowstorm that dumped 9" of snow in 24 hours. Having to play a round in Timberlands kinda limits my game.

Aced Lakeview hole 1 yesterday.

190', a bit uphill, maybe plays like 205'. Ace #32.

Literally the entire course was ice. All the snow was frozen enough to run and slide on. So the whole round was basically the 1 leg drill, after finding a footprint to wedge my foot in.

Hole 6, Dretzka Park Winter Course 2/22/19

Number seven lifetime! 195', 170g Starfire. RHFH flex shot

8dv8Pkb.jpg

uYEWEyO.jpg

ZfffSB4.jpg

Birthday Ace

Playing today at Alex Clark McKinney, TX - Threw my favorite Pro Boss right in the creek on hole one. Then on the other side before shooting hole 2 I hooked my longer string to the retriever and finally fished it out. Used it several holes there but on downhill 237 ft hole 10 threw it for a nice low hard spinner ( right hand forehand ) that faded at just the right time and Stuck In The Basket!!! Probably unwitnessed - there was a foursome somewhere near. Only my second ace ever - the last fifteen years ago ! Keep in mind my non-playing status for 12 of those years. Birthday ACE !! Glad I took off from work today ! My overall score I won't brag about. Later !

I observed a nice flukey one last week (3/24 I. A doubles mini). Orange Crush, hole 10, short to short, about 330 feet.

My card mate gets a decent RHFH rip on his 2017 Sexton Firebird, but yanks it a little left. So it goes straight into woods to the left of fairway and basket. It makes it 50 feet or so after entering the woods, then hits one and kicks almost straight to the right. After the kick, it flies 50-75 feet right, and you guessed it, directly into the chains. It was his first, and very memorable, though he would have rather it have been a nicer shot.

Fun to watch, and part of a very nice round for my competition.

Aced Lakeview hole 1 yesterday.

190', a bit uphill, maybe plays like 205'. Ace #32.

Literally the entire course was ice. All the snow was frozen enough to run and slide on. So the whole round was basically the 1 leg drill, after finding a footprint to wedge my foot in.

Did this again last night. First time at LV with my regular disc shoes/clothes this season. First throw - ace!

Much nicer than the last one - this time was my more beat Tank right at it on a rope. This is the first time I've hit the same hole twice, at the same tee/basket spots.

I disced all the way up to a leo for the earlier one on the ice.

I had one at a pitch and putt style course back in March. It never hit the chains though. It got into the basket on a steep hyzer and just stuck. Ugliest sound I have ever heard, something between a clank and a thud. I thought for sure I broke the disc but it was fine.

Cedar Hills again, 14 this time. I am walking up to the bench and I see a penny on the ground, mention to everyone I found my lucky penny. It was tails up, no matter I grab it and pocket it. Last guy to throw in in a group of 5. Claymore goes off as normal, little under stable, missing the trees on the right and then it starts tracking for the basket.... correct height, I mention that it would be nice if it went in and the penny did the rest. It's drops after hitting the chains and I am sure it stuck but the bottom of the basket is blocked from view by the crest of the hill. 30 steps later the proof is sitting in the basket. Second time I have got this hole and the 3rd ace with the Claymore on that course.

Next hole I asked if anyone needed to use the penny, they laughed and lined up to rub the penny, no aces. The luck is gone I guess.

I hit career ace #9 Thursday at Loutsis Park in Carnation, WA during our weekly dubs tourney on hole 5. It was my 3rd tournament ace worth $160. That came out to almost a buck a foot...180ft, RHBH.

Lifetime Ace #8, First Day of Dretzka

Aced hole 5 of the Dretzka Park summer course this afternoon! Pin Position A (marker hadn't been changed from "C" from the prior year), 262 FT RHFH straight hyzer drive with a 170g Champion Starfire, which is by far the longest ace I've ever hit!

LNxLDTY.jpg

t16INVo.jpg

WNurowQ.jpg

IDI5zPn.jpg

Coolest part of it - Milwaukee County just installed Dretzka's baskets this morning, so as far as I am aware, this was the first ace of the season for the course!

Not really that amazing, but trivia: Got my first ever Black Ace today. My buddy and I safari from the 10th basket to the 11th at Woodland Mound when it's muddy and there's no one on the back nine. We try out out our rollers, try to go around the cedars to the left, or (like I did today), flex a line drive under the cedar branches. Drilled the chains on basket 15!:eek:

...oddly enough, when we actually got to the real hole 15, i missed acing it by less than a foot left of the chains.

Last edited:
2nd true witnessed ace today.
Taylor Mtn #9 long. http://dgcour.se/7196
Short is 190ish I think long is ~250. Weave through a couple trees and rollaway potential.
I normally throw a pure in the short and when I didn't see the basket had to think do I throw the pure longer or switch to a mid? Switched and made the right choice.
Guy on the card asked if someone would go spot ... blind basket lots of rollaway potential.
I said I would throw and go spot with what I hoped wasn't a jinx myself level of confidence.
Out of my hand it was the line I wanted and when it made the trees at about 170' out I was excited. One of the guys said "listen for it" and I gave it a second nothing so I turned to grab my bag hoping it didn't sail too long and heard the chain smash.
One of the other guys says "oh they're putting out on 4
Damn I was so excited I grab my bag to go spot and the guy who just finished on four start yelling at me about a great shot and congrats on the ace. Woot!
Good turn as it was on the way to my best score ever on the course at -9 under.

I hit hole 10 at my place short LHBH hyzer hook.. Only 160 maybe but the Comet got it done. Nothing spectacular but it ended the drought.