• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2023

Monocacy

CZ 4 lyfe
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
First FH ace ever, a 160' Reactor flex shot on hole 17 at Orange County DGC.

Basket was blind from the tee and I didn't hear any chains, so it took a while to realize the disc was in the basket. :rolleyes:

Basket was blind from the tee and I didn't hear any chains, so it took a while to realize the disc was in the basket. :rolleyes:

I think Orange County could be my favorite short course. I played it fall of 2021, and I can still remember every hole. I was gunning for every basket for an ace, not to be had, and putting back towards the basket several times. If I hadn't hit a tree on 9, I would of landed in the parking lot, and on 16 flew right over the basket and about 100 feet past down the hill. Fun round!

I got ace #52 on 1/19.
Hole 8 at Ottawa Park, from the red tee, here in Toledo. 233'

My first ace on something more than a very short putter toss in a few years. My last ace was on a 90' hole in March, and before that on a 140' hole in November of 2021.

119c110e.jpg

This throw was a fun one... the fire alarm went off at work, so I decided to bail for a bit and play a brisk 3-disc round. Carried a Stiletto, Origin, and Deputy with me. I pushed the Stiletto out on a high right hand forehand well up into the air on a hyzer, around the left side of the tree to the left in the photo. The shot was going to finish with the wind shoving it toward the basket, and I put it out there wide enough to both think "that might be good enough to hit it" and then disabuse myself of the notion before it wound up crashing down hard into the chains.

I can just imagine searching the ground, looking for a disc, thinking,
"Looked like a pretty good shot.
Where the heck did it go?"

:confused:

:eek:

:hfive:

Congrats!

First ace!

With a Z Comet on hole 3 short (199 ft on the scorecard) at the Creekside Open, Archdale, NC. Gentle anhyzer to just get through the biggest gap and expected it to land safely short of the creek. Instead Comet did Comet things and floated downhill forever before hyzering out just in time for the basket to stop it going in the creek!

We won't mention the other 22 holes haha

FINALLY! After 7 years and 8 months, my DROUGHT is over:

#3 on hole #5 at Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park in Atlantic Beach, FL (JAX), playing to the B position at 160 feet. Threw a Star Eagle FH on this left to right hole, it faded out of sight just before skipping, then I heard chains and thought I caught a glimpse of the disc sitting in the basket!
Walked down the fairway and found it sitting upside down in the basket for my first FH and first skip ACE! :eek::D:thmbup:

Aced hole 14, 178' over the little pond at Creeping Creek wed glow dubs for $136 with Jawbreaker Zone. Also had Tiki aces this year on 1, 2, 9, 12, 13, 16, and 18.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5663.jpg
    IMG_5663.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 235

Latest posts