• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2023

First ace in a few years!!!

picture.php
314797-IMG-7720.jpeg

Last edited:
Funny story about this ace…….

So I'm watching Nick & Matt on Monday and they have Gannon Buhr on. He's in a hotel room with Alden Harris and the ace HE got at the Open at Austin comes up. Alden says it's not an ace because there was no ace pot. I sent a $5 Superchat and he thanks me and says "now it's an ace". Fast forward to today and when I hit the above ace the friend I'm playing with hands me $5.

Got the first one of the year today. Just a shorty. 128' with an electron medium Proxy on hole 2 at Fewell park in Rock hill SC. Got start to our trip so far.

Attachments

• IMG_20230326_130756384_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230326_130756384_HDR.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 12
Finally ended by drought. In 2021 I hit a lot of aces, including getting paid twice in a week! 2022 I got nothing. :wall:

Hole #8 on Forest City, IA. (udisc listed as 276 feet) OB highway to the right and OB pond to the left. I throw LHBH and bomb a hyzer over the water. This happened for the first time ever! (and also the first time I actually stuck the ace on this hole!)

Attachments

• 4-24 ace wide vew2.jpg
    4-24 ace wide vew2.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 4-24 ace close up2.jpg
    4-24 ace close up2.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 17
Haha I was going to nice it since you had a video but I decided not to since I couldn't watch it the whole way Haha. I appreciate your honesty. :) I got two cubbies and a post last night playing with two envy... why is it always the second shot?

Nice to see you shooting video again. Yay!

Last edited:
Haha I was going to nice it since you had a video but I decided not to since I couldn't watch it the whole way Haha. I appreciate your honesty. :) I got two cubbies and a post last night playing with two envy... why is it always the second shot?

Nice to see you shooting video again. Yay!

I was doing a comparison video between the uplink / hex / matrix / reactor / pyro at that course today, throwing 3-6 shots per hole. It was really windy out so I had a tough time replicating lines on some holes, but it was a lot of fun overall. Gave me a better idea of what my mid line-up should be.

I think this was shot #3 or 4 on that hole, so definitely not a legit ace, but still put a big smile on my face!

First Ace of 2023, First Tournament Ace, and just my second ever. 263' stall hyzer forehand with my Neutron Terra. Skirted the mando perfectly and put it just high enough to limit the distance and allow it to stall right through the gap in the guardian trees. It also canceled out my 2 bogeys on the round.

Attachments

• 82D9319D-0FCD-47F8-AD93-D538402A4B82-COLLAGE.jpg
    82D9319D-0FCD-47F8-AD93-D538402A4B82-COLLAGE.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 20
I finally got one and it only took close to 18 years (though admittedly, I barely played through some of those). Hole 4 at Shorewood Park in Love's Park, IL. 177 ft isn't anything incredible but hey, I'll take it. It seems fitting I hit it with my custom dyed Reactor, the first disc I ever dyed myself.

Attachments

• IMG_4317.jpg
    IMG_4317.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4319.jpg
    IMG_4319.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts