• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2023

Aced hole 9 270' with Glow Kaxe @ Creeping Creek Growler Course yesterday playing with Sewerbill who then 3 rounds later aced hole 7 116' with a Halo Wraith on the Pint size course. Warming up round 2 I was throwing about 120' away, first hit chains, then threw the next two in, and just missed basket on fourth, Sewerbill was shook watching. I also had a some long C2 and C3 putts go in during rounds and a bunch just miss. Pretty sure I set a personal record for total putting or throw in distance made on the day.

Aced hole 9 270' with Glow Kaxe @ Creeping Creek Growler Course yesterday playing with Sewerbill who then 3 rounds later aced hole 7 116' with a Halo Wraith on the Pint size course. Warming up round 2 I was throwing about 120' away, first hit chains, then threw the next two in, and just missed basket on fourth, Sewerbill was shook watching. I also had a some long C2 and C3 putts go in during rounds and a bunch just miss. Pretty sure I set a personal record for total putting or throw in distance made on the day.
I'm going to keep aceing 7 until you move it.

I don't have any aces yet, and I can't even reach most baskets from the tee, but a guy I play with just got one last night. Hole #3 at Lake Parker - 270'. I don't know the disc, but I know it was pink, 7 speed, 5 glide (I asked him right before he threw it, can you get that disc that far?). He said, "we'll see". He did! I will find out the disc next time we play, because we didn't think to take a pic, so he is bringing the same disc, and we will take the pic on hole #3 that we should have took last night. For me, it was awesome even just to see it!

Last edited:
Well I guess 7 is my lucky number since I hit another ace Wednesday night at league on the same hole 7 that I aced with a Glitch earlier this year. This time around it was my misprint Big Z Luna that did the honors. One of my cardmates from the prior ace was on the card and had been on my card when I aced #7 at a different course in the area. I may have said afterwards that he should break out the marker again. Oddly enough in both cases I was last on the box and was having a rough round. Even more odd is that my first ace was 8 years and 1 day prior to the ace Tuesday, and that there's been 3 league aces that I know of this year and all of them have been on that hole.
Well the Luna struck again on 7 tonight and I called it mid flight again. Threw it short on the first go around of the 9 hole course, so I figured I'd throw it higher and harder the next time. Oddly enough I was first on the box this time and I shot a -6 for the round. The same guy who witnessed the first 2 was on my card as was the only other guy to ace this year in league. Not bad for a $10 misprint...

Attachments

• IMG_20230822_192455_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20230822_192455_hdr.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Ace #21 first "Wedgie" that counted. Hit Hole #18 in Mckenzie, TN 240 ft with my appropiately named Hyzerbomb Tank. and Yes I threw a Hyzer bomb over the road that crashed in and wedged itself for the ACE! To my Vibram throwing Buds there are other brands that make rubber discs too!

Attachments

• Ace #21.jpg
    Ace #21.jpg
    540.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Ace #21 -2.jpg
    Ace #21 -2.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 0
I don't enter tournaments very often, but for the second tournament in a row I managed to take home the ace pot. This time was Hole 14 at Sugaw Creek. This was with a 175g GStar Aviar Driver that I had put in my bag five days prior.

Attachments

• 20230819_095122.jpg
    20230819_095122.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Forgot about his threat.

Ace #24 for me

8/24/23 - Hole #6 - 131ft - Lovewell Lake State Park - Webber KS - Blue Aviar Putter.

This is the 3rd ace with this disc in the last year, my last 3 aces.

Attachments

• 20230824_172259.jpg
    20230824_172259.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230824_172441.jpg
    20230824_172441.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230824_172449.jpg
    20230824_172449.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Picked up a new OTB Soft Glitch at World's and aced Hole 1 White at Cadyville Rec Park last night warming up for league. All 5 of my aces this year have come on 2 holes, and 2 have been with Glitches. 266' with a Glitch on hyzer the whole way is kinda impressive to me...

Aced hole 3 at Grignon today in Kaukuna WI. I've played this hole dozens of times and have usually only gotten par due to playing it too safe and coming up short on the downhill shot or throwing it too hard and hitting left or right on the way down.

Ended up throwing a stand still RHBH with a Star VRoc and threw it a little too hard this time and kicked a tree halfway down on the right side of the fairway.
The basket is on the left side at the bottome of the hill which is also guarded by a few thin trees.

I ended up hearing chains and thought oh crap someone was probably finishing up the hole down there and I almost beaned them in the head. I begin to walk down the downhill fairway and see an orange disc in the basket. Well, it turns out that it was mine and somehow that bad kick netted me a very spectacular, but extremely lucky hole in 1 on a pretty tricky hole.

I have been carless for the past month due to it being in the shop and finally caved in today and got a rental car for a week so today was my first round in a couple of weeks. Overall, after entering my round score I shot at an 1019 rating today which I am definitely proud of.