• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2023

Finally got to play a round at Shu Pond today. Afterwards me, Shuie, and tallpaul to Coleman Tower which is a fun little ace run 9er and I got a pretty cool thumber ace on hole 6 with a brand new R-Pro Pig. Then after went up to Crivitiz DGC which was another ace run 9er and got a second forehand ace on hole 6 at that park with the same R-Pro Pig I aced with literally 30 minutes earlier.

So that's 3 aces in less than 2 days. I'm really hoping this continues and I average one ace per round for the next 10 years of my life.

Finally hit the 1st of the year today. Hole 15 at Calumet Lake from the short tees, blue positions. Nothing epic, 225 feet, but an ace is an ace.
I didn't get one in 2022 until December 14th so this one was relatively early!
Backhanded a Westside Stag.
Oct 3, 2023.jpg

I've been playing off and on since about 1999 or 2000. Finally today, October 14th 2023, I got my first ever ace! Hole 1 at Karohl Park in Beavercreek/Dayton, OH. 153' according to the tee sign and UDisc. This site has it over 200' but it definitely isn't. Looking at the pictures it seems the course has had a significant redesign that hasn't yet been reflected here. Not from the area, just played while passing through, so not sure exactly.

Disc is a "limited edition" Cryztal Z Buzzz with a cool 2011 Motor City Open Tournament Finals stamp I picked up years ago at a yard sale. Love this thing. Even more now.

The closest I had ever come to an ace before was years ago with the same disc on a course in Ann Arbor, MI, when I threw it about a foot and a half too far and it bounced off the back of the cage. Twice. On the same hole. At most only two or three rounds apart, may have been back to back rounds. Other than that I've had a few low cage hits and a few poles and plenty that fade out just before or after the basket. Plus all the times I threw perfect shots that were 100% for sure going in but hit a tree, of course.

Hopefully this is the opening of the floodgates!

20231014_103134.jpg
20231014_182709.jpg

Attachments

• 20231014_103134.jpg
    20231014_103134.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231014-182501_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20231014-182501_Video Player.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Hit my longest ace ever today at Eldon Lyon, hole 13 yellow basket. 311' FH flip up with a light tailwind, kinda flippy fission Wave, even had a witness. Kinda rattled me and played poorly the rest of the round. Stuck a new CG Wraith about 80' up a tree and it's still there.