• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Current Top 10 Personal Rating

air show

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Was curious of those who have been fortunate enough to play many of DGCR top 10 rated courses and how their personal rating of those courses might look.

I have only played three... Harmony Bends, Selah Lakeside, and Flip City. My ratings are based on which course I enjoyed playing most and not on technical design.

1. Flip City
2. Harmony Bends
3. Selah Lakeside

I've only played Rollin Ridge and Flip of the current top 10, personally in my 118 played they would fall;

1.Rollin Ridge
3.Flip City.

It's not in the top 10, but Milo McIver is my personal #2

1) Idlewild
2) Harmon Hills
3) Harmony Bends
4) Selah Ranch

I liked Idlewild and Harmon Hills a lot, chef's kiss. Harmony Bends was okay. There's lots of course beauty, but it's kind of wedged in behind a neighborhood and parts of the course were heavily flooded during my visit. Selah Ranch was too flat and sort of boring for it to even reach my own personal top 10 if I'm being completely honest.

Of DGCR's current Top 10 that I've played:

1) Harmony Bends
2) Flip City
3) Harmon Hills
4) Idlewild
5) Blue Ribbon Pines

All I suspect this thread will more or less do, is demonstrate that you can take the top 10 or so courses, and out them in just about any order based on personal preferences.

Of DGCR's current Top 10 that I've played:

1) Harmony Bends
2) Flip City
3) Harmon Hills
4) Idlewild
5) Blue Ribbon Pines

All I suspect this thread will more or less do, is demonstrate that you can take the top 10 or so courses, and out them in just about any order based on personal preferences.

basically moar of the same

Of the current top 10, I've played Flip City, Idlewild, and Rollin Ridge. I'd put Maple Hill above all of those.

This is like ranking the greatest rock songs or favorite all-time movies. All have been great experiences and I would enjoying hearing/watching/playing them over and over again. Each one is unique. Plus there are some fantastic ones that aren't on the list I'm being asked about. :)

Right now, I'm thinking (of those I've played): Idlewild, Selah, Harmony Bends, Rollin Ridge, Harmon Hills, BRP.

Harmony Bends
Flip City
Idlewild
Rollin Ridge
Blue Ribbon Pines

I'll be curious where Harmon fits in there in a few months.

Harmon Hills is my only current top 10 played course. My only other current top 25 played is Hobbs Farm wich I actually liked better than Harmon Hills.

Harmon Hills is my only current top 10 played course. My only other current top 25 played is Hobbs Farm wich I actually liked better than Harmon Hills.

That's a close call. I can't argue with anyone who gives either of those a 5.0.

I shuffled this list several times and could switch almost any two names again and still be "right". I decided to rank based on how I felt playing them and how much and how often I'd want to play it if I lived close. If going purely based on design only, the order would be different. No disrespect to Biscoe but I played Hawk Hollow long ago and it's barely a memory. It might rank higher had I visited in the past 5-10 years.
Rollin Ridge
Harmon Hills
Idlewild
Flip City Disc Golf Park
Harmony Bends
Blue Ribbon Pines - Main
Hawk Hollow

I shuffled this list several times and could switch almost any two names again and still be "right". I decided to rank based on how I felt playing them and how much and how often I'd want to play it if I lived close. If going purely based on design only, the order would be different. No disrespect to Biscoe but I played Hawk Hollow long ago and it's barely a memory. It might rank higher had I visited in the past 5-10 years.
Rollin Ridge
Harmon Hills
Idlewild
Flip City Disc Golf Park
Harmony Bends
Blue Ribbon Pines - Main
Hawk Hollow

whats the top 5 designed courses in mn

whats the top 5 designed courses in mn
Depends on the skill level the designer intended and how well they matched it. So, I would have to first sort courses into Gold, Blue, White, Red, Green & Purple layouts, with some courses having multiple levels, and analyze them. This is essentially a technical response designed to dodge your question. Where I've seen course issues where my commenting might help the designer improve their layout, I've either discussed it with them in person or avoided a conversation if I felt it wouldn't be well received.

I feel like Harmon could get bounced from the top 10 any day and I'll be a little sad. The upgrades they did for Masters Worlds last year were badly needed (baskets, teepads, etc). I bet a lot of those 4.0 and 4.5 reviews prior to this would have been bumped up a tad knowing these upgrades were coming.

Depends on the skill level the designer intended and how well they matched it. So, I would have to first sort courses into Gold, Blue, White, Red, Green & Purple layouts, with some courses having multiple levels, and analyze them. This is essentially a technical response designed to dodge your question. Where I've seen course issues where my commenting might help the designer improve their layout, I've either discussed it with them in person or avoided a conversation if I felt it wouldn't be well received.

fair enough

whats the top 5 fun courses in mn

1. Idlewild
2. Rollin Ridge
3. Harmon Hills

loved all 3