• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR encounters of the 3rd kind

DGtourist

Eagle Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Up until I became addicted to this site I had never met anyone through the internet before. The whole notion seemed like something for stalkers and trek nerds. Disc golf has a way of bringing different types of people together! Here's an ode to the people I've met through DGCR!

Greg Layton, = He was on a DG tour, and by the time he made it to Cheyenne he seemed tired. Unfortunately Dry Creek was windy and he was unimpressed. I think he needed some rest at that point, as a fellow DGtourist I know how he felt. Still a very cool guy.

Bevo = Bevo showed me East Metro! For that he deserves a prize! His reviews are very well thought out and fun to read. He's well on his way to 100 courses and a gold medal. It was cool playing a round with someone who has business school in common. East Metro is such an amazing course (4.5, easy) that we didn't really have much time to bond, just real seriously fun disc golf. I hope to play with him more when I move to Austin.

Donovan = The one the only, I met him in the middle of nowhere in Nebraska, I was a hour + late because I forgot that I was crossing a time zone, I think I drove 350 miles round trip to meet him and it was worth it. The guy is 3x funnier in person than he is in his posts (which are still works of art). I met him again in OK and we swapped tags, and he was still just as cool! Still had a sense of humor after pulling an all nighter.

notrpmp = He showed me the famous BlackHawk course in Tulsa. It was on a day where the nearby zoo was sp crazy busy that people were parking along the Red hawk course just to get in the zoo. notrpmp is the man! He hooked me up with some Ribs Cribs BBQ! Mmm so sweet!

ponto11 and pauley = I met them at pauley's amazing home course in Pine Colorado, just a few miles up the mountain from the famous Beaver Ranch in Conifer. These dudes are truly blessed to have such amazing home courses, one literally. If you are ever in Denver, try to make out to Phantom Falls.

What members have you guys had the honor of meeting in person through DGCR?

Last edited:
So far I have met the founder of DGCR, Timg :)

I might be meeting more members later on when the weather gets better for everyone to come out and play...

Just joined so haven't met anyone yet, but hope to.

I do know what you mean about the notion of meeting somebody in person you first met online. I'm also a motorcyclist and my bike is kind of a cult classic so there is a very good forum dedicated to it. Anyways a member I had talked to a bit on there from San Diego was riding cross country and need a couch and garage on his return trip so I obliged. My wife was a bit nervous understandably but I showed her all the senior members on the forum that he had stayed with and they were still alive. I also explained the family mentality of riding. She was glad I had him over as he was an interesting cat and friendly, unobtrusive guest. He was doing it early in the year for some foolish reason but I still rode with him a bit of the way on a 40 degree, windy and drizzly morning.

Sorry for the lengthy post on something not DG related.

So far I've met and/or played with a few people from the site.

SimonCarr, atl scott, blang, Lewis, and jdawg24. Everyone I have met have been super nice and I am glad I got a chance to meet them. Also I knew a few people on here before we signed up. Klyph76, arrdee33 (my brother), nettiefoo (my wife), Stingray, (my son). I'm hoping to meet others soon.

Members of DGCR that you had a good round with

Who have you met off this site and had a good round with.

I have played many rounds with SpringDGLover, and he is one of the nicest and coolest guys I have ever played disc golf with. We are starting to become very good friends.

I think Swatso is the only person I've played with on here and had a good time both times we've played.

I played league with Moon, in which I recognized his discs because he posted the dyes on DGCR. It was a great time in which I also learned quite a bit about dying.

edit: We didn't set up anything, I just recognized the discs and got to talking about dying and about DGCR after I said something about it. It was a good time

CraigD and his family. Met 12stonescott today and he is a nice guy, we didn't play but we were teaching the kiddies.

Played with Waynef at Red Rocks for a windy round. Pretty much always play with Nunez23 and have logged some good rounds. Looking forward to playing some good rounds with a couple of other people from here.

Haven't figured out everyone yet, but I've played rounds with SpringDGLover, nowhere near enough with ERicJ(average around once a week), and Miller. I have played in the vicinity of MidnightBiker, and i'm sure there's probably another one or two peeps that I just don't know the screen name/real name combo.

Haven't figured out everyone yet, but I've played rounds with SpringDGLover, nowhere near enough with ERicJ(average around once a week), and Miller. I have played in the vicinity of MidnightBiker, and i'm sure there's probably another one or two peeps that I just don't know the screen name/real name combo.

You and I have met, but we need to meet up for a round.

I think I met you for the first time at the "Storm The Hill" tournament at Terramont Park.

You and I have met, but we need to meet up for a round.

I think I met you for the first time at the "Storm The Hill" tournament at Terramont Park.
Yep...I know for sure there. Tiff and I made almost every tourney with Birdshot last year. I know I missed MacGregor and the first Bass, due to Tx Women's Champs. So could've crossed paths before, but for sure at Terramont. I have been wanting to hit up Kingwood some more before Worlds, but the stupid sinkhole isn't fixed. I guess the hike in with my bag would do me good for training as well though.:rolleyes:

Im going to give a plug for RoadTripStuff. I tried to get a round in at the BHMC in Columbus but just didnt get the timing right. She emailed me several times to try though. Very nice.

Amutt too actually

CraigD and his family. Met 12stonescott today and he is a nice guy, we didn't play but we were teaching the kiddies.

Yep, I always enjoy playing a round with Bill and Christy.

I also play with atlscott pretty often and have played with blang in several tournaments. We usally play in the same division and he always gets me by a couple of strokes:(. I have also played with gvan a time or two in tournaments as well. I have crossed paths with several others as well. I've never met anyone on here that is not friendly.

I have played many rounds now with kunipshunfit. I am not really a internet chat/forum kind of guy, so I must admit that this was the first friend I made through the internet.