• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Mobile Apps

Thank you!! After logging out and back in again, exclude already played works in map view. Feel like a dunce for not thinking to try that myself.:doh:

Trying to filter in list view causes the app to get all wonky and it eventually just punts me back to the initial screen.

Nice! Glad you got it working.

I'm not sure what you mean with the filtering in list view? That seems OK for me too in a quick test now, but I don't normally use the list view as much.

I have both the old DGCR and the newer DGCR apps (I think I paid a couple of bucks for the newer one). I use the new version to search for courses when I am in unfamiliar territory & I used it to keep score back when I kept score. I had difficulty accessing my stats and courses played on the new app so I use the old app for that.

I used to use the DGCR app for scorekeeping. However, since I've gotten a smart watch, I'm using UDisc for that. Much more convenient to enter scores on my watch than to dig out and unlock my phone every hole.

-edit- Android for both devices

I didn't know there was a DGCR app and probably won't use it. I access DGCR from my PC or tablet.

For scoring, I use uDisc for casual rounds. uDisc has the advantage as it was the first mobile app used for tournament scoring and that's where I learned about it. And now the PDGA has come out with their own app for scoring and, for most sanctioned rounds, that is the approved method of keeping score. So, between uDisc and PDGA Live Scoring apps, there's not much need for the DGCR app for scoring purposes.

uDisc also has the ability to show how many people played a round at a course over time; I don't know if DGCR app has that ability. It came in handy recently when a local city was in the process of shutting down a course because it wasn't getting used and they needed the space for something else. The local pro, who maintains the course, got stats from uDisc showing how many people used the course. The city ended up taking half the course and gave us more space to make the 9 holes being left into an 18 hole course. They even worked to provide the concrete for the new tee pads. I've been told that when the construction is complete, we will be getting more land to expand the temporary course.

Nice! Glad you got it working.

I'm not sure what you mean with the filtering in list view? That seems OK for me too in a quick test now, but I don't normally use the list view as much.

I was talking about the cross hair like icon that takes you to a list of courses sorted by nearest to your location. When I select the filter courses option in the dropdown menu, the screen goes all white or black for a bit and then kicks me back to launch screen or boots me from the app entirely.

The filter courses feature works just fine when using the map, so I don't know what's going on.

I want to get feedback on the DGCR mobile applications for Android and iOS.

1. Do you use either? (not the mobile style, the actual apps)
2. What do you mostly use the app to do?
3. What would you like to see added or changed with the mobile apps.

I actually purchased a phone so I could use the app years ago, paid my $5 and used it a lot back then. Then UDisc came out.

I don't use the app much anymore, I do use it to find courses if the course is not on UDisc. I have also used the app to find a map of a course not mapped on UDisc recently.

The main reason I stopped using DGCR app to keep score in my rounds, if the app "closes" it was hard to reopen it. With UDisc, if it closes, it is easy to pull your round back up and continue. I discovered this very quickly and have not tried to use DGCR for scoring in a very long time.

Better scoring would be my number one, there were some things I liked better about DGCR, but like I said, it's been so long and there was something up with it closing and difficult to continue that I stopped using it.

#1 biggest thing, MAPPING is the main reason people are using UDisc. And to be honest, the main reason I use UDisc is because of the course maps. It really makes finding your way around new courses easy.

I was talking about the cross hair like icon that takes you to a list of courses sorted by nearest to your location. When I select the filter courses option in the dropdown menu, the screen goes all white or black for a bit and then kicks me back to launch screen or boots me from the app entirely.

The filter courses feature works just fine when using the map, so I don't know what's going on.

That sounds really odd! I do not have that issue either, but no ideas this time. :\

When I use the map view on the app, it consistently loads centered on a location about 125 miles south of where I am actually at. But once I click the little cross hair icon in the map screen, it does move up to my location so only a very minor annoyance.

FWIW, I have never had any trouble with resuming a round in the DGCR app. I have accidentally closed the app during my round several times, and when I reopen it there has been an option to Resume Round that seems to work fine. Not sure if any of the issues people are describing just have to do with the app running on different versions of iOS/Android, other compatibility related considerations, etc.

Totally agree that mapping is a nice feature on UDisc. For me, I intentionally forego it because my judgements of how easy a course is to navigate (which factor into my reviews) do not assume that players have UDisc. I also simply enjoy finding my way to the next hole without looking at my phone any more than I already am.

Contrary to some other opinions, I think there is definitely a place for DGCR scoring in the app. I agree that it should not be upgraded with tons of bells and whistles with the intent to compete with UDisc and PDGA apps. I feel that it serves a different purpose than those apps. It's not necessarily meant for DG'ers playing tournaments or even DG'ers playing casual rounds at the same local park every week. It's meant for DGCR users first and foremost. And I feel like overall it is not a bad fit for DGCR users. Again, I love that it is simple to use, mostly well integrated with the desktop site, and stays out of the way while I am focusing on different elements of the course for my review (and less frequently, how well I am actually playing :D ).

Last edited:
I'm an Apple user of the DGCR app.

I use it mostly to search for courses and get directions when I'm traveling. I also use the app to keep score and upload them to DGCR. If I'm going to upload pictures, I will also use the app. And yes, I have updated course conditions using the app but I usually do it from the DGCR site.

I'm excited that the Worlds are coming to my neighborhood in 2024!

Last edited:
I use the (Android) Ap for scoring and sometimes directions. I will usually do a course update as I'm finishing a round. Will sometimes look at pictures or maps, if needed and they are available.

Updating details on courses, adding pictures, etc. is done at home, so I can crop and re-size the pics and is more streamlined for me to work on. I also do all my reviews on my laptop, looking over notes and pictures, and getting through the reviews in the order I played the courses. (Which reminds, me, kinda backlogged on that and need to get some reviews/pics/info in.)

I used the DGCR Android app in the past to record scores, but I've since switched to UDisc. I still use the app to review/find courses while on the road or to find maps.

Still lots of missing courses on DGCR relative to what is listed on UDisc. I use both (UDisc for scoring) but this would be my only request - update DGCR database by cross-referencing UDisc

Still lots of missing courses on DGCR relative to what is listed on UDisc. I use both (UDisc for scoring) but this would be my only request - update DGCR database by cross-referencing UDisc

There's more courses near me on DGCR than Udisc. That's because of myself and a couple other people adding them. WI and MN are well represented on here. Anyone can add a course at any time. That's how both entities work. DGCR has less BS "courses" because of this. Less legit crap 9's because nobody takes the time to type in simple info found on Udisc. :\

There's more courses near me on DGCR than Udisc. That's because of myself and a couple other people adding them. WI and MN are well represented on here. Anyone can add a course at any time. That's how both entities work. DGCR has less BS "courses" because of this. Less legit crap 9's because nobody takes the time to type in simple info found on Udisc. :\

And DGCR has fewer "special event only", "for registered guests only" type courses than uDisc. Speaking as a bagger, uDisc's map view is becoming less and less helpful due to the number of courses that exist, but aren't really accessible. I've driven by several on recent bagging runs, and I've been unwilling to so obviously trespass.

One thing I would suggest for the DGCR App is a mapping capability. The one on UDisc works pretty well, I've created a few, but standing around waiting for the GPS to zero in on my location (to at least 15-30') seems to take awhile, even with pretty recent iPhones.

I'd like to see more Course Maps on this site, both mobile and website, but even trying to copy a UDisc map and load it here has some issues ("file size is too large"). So an efficient course mapping program on the mobile apps would be great!! :thmbup:

On linking, they are different people and competition. It isn't going to happen.

I believe UDisc pays for the mapping service, I could be wrong, but access to maps is not free. We deal with this in my Pizza Deliver business. We have our own Point of Sales system that prints out a map for the delivery drivers. We have changed services 2 times and are currently on our 3rd company. Nokia had the best maps for our tickets, but I believe no longer offer that service.

Yes, WE are what makes DGCR better. Better more in depth reviews. Better information on the courses (assuming someone puts it in) and better organized pictures.

I can tell you this much, Tim does monitor and edits. I have had stuff of mine removed and stuff from others removed.

Recent course I added yesterday UAM Crash Course has pictures on UDisc, HOWEVER they are NOT from that course. After being out there this week, I believe the picture's are actually of the Little Mountain course a few miles away.

But if you are like me, you realize real quick that most of the pictures on UDiscs are not a good indication of the course.

I want to get feedback on the DGCR mobile applications for Android and iOS.

1. Do you use either? (not the mobile style, the actual apps)
2. What do you mostly use the app to do?
3. What would you like to see added or changed with the mobile apps.

1. No.

2. It would have to offer significant upgrades to the browser experience to be worth it for me. Most apps I've tried for websites are privacy invasive and lack features vs using a browser in desktop mode.

3. Honestly I'd rather use a browser to access websites instread of having an app. I open up my browser and type d and I'm here, w to check weather, a to check news, m to check my mail etc. I like that better than pages and pages of apps on my home screen.

DGCR is my go to. I wish I knew how to use it better! I have a lot of pictures from my travels on my android phone that I don't know how to transfer to this site. I have friends try to tell me how to with little luck at my end :( I'm just not very computer savvy.

DGCR is my go to. I wish I knew how to use it better! I have a lot of pictures from my travels on my android phone that I don't know how to transfer to this site. I have friends try to tell me how to with little luck at my end :( I'm just not very computer savvy.

I mean, the photo loader on this site is NOT user friendly, even for those of us who are slightly more tech savvy.

Quite frankly, it's a PITA.

So don't feel bad about it. ;)