• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2017 Pro Tour Championship

DGPT

Par Member
Men's Bracket

Women's Bracket

Let's Celebrate!

Yes, we may be a bit ahead of ourselves, but we are excited for the changes. The Tour Championship brings the excitement of a bracket – which lends itself well to some intense bracketology. Also, players that earn an invite guarantee themselves a $400 payout. Lastly, the unique qualifying rounds format makes every round intense and exciting, with some players going home while the best move on.
----

What's Different in 2017?

• Stand alone event
  • Points Champion payout
  • Expanded Quarterfinals and the Gibson Rule

The Tour Championship will be a stand alone event held on the weekend of Oct 19-22, 2017 in the Southeast (exact location to be announced in early 2017). Here is the schedule to finish out the year:

• October 5-8, the Disc Golf World Tour will crown their champion at the USDGC.
  • October 13-15, the National Tour champion will be crowned at the PDGA's Hall of Fame Classic.
  • October 19-22, the Pro Tour season concludes with the Tour Championship.

---
This will be the completion of our first full season and we are (getting) ready to celebrate!

Another big change for the 2017 season is that we are splitting up the Tour Champion payout. Instead of the MPO and FPO Tour Champions getting $10,000 and $2,500 respectively, In 2017, the MPO and FPO Points Champion will earn $5,000 and $1,500 respectively. Winning the Tour Championship will earn the same amounts. This way, even if the Points Champion is eliminated in the Semifinals, their year of success is still rewarded (the Ricky Rule).

Lastly, the lead in rounds have been expanded as have the number of players invited. In 2017, 50 MPO and 15 FPO will earn invites to the Tour Championship. Also, there will be a round before the Quarterfinals which the lower seeded players (26-50 MPO and 7-15 FPO) will need to play to earn their way into the Quarterfinals. Additionally, the Semifinal match-ups will be based on Tour Points as opposed to score in the Quarterfinals (the Gibson Rule). Lastly, while we are keeping the steep payout in the Finals, there will be some payout difference based on place. See payout table below.

Here is to another great season that will kick-off at the Memorial and culminate with the Tour Championship. Let us know what you think of the changes and who you think will win or be an surprise to make it to the Finals.

From what I can see, smart changes. I have to admit, I now want my own rule. Good on Drew. Ricky's, not as at it as Drew's, but still good for the fans. If it were me, and it's not, I would have gone 60 40. There should be something for winning the final.

Excited Steve, thanks!

From what I can see, smart changes. I have to admit, I now want my own rule. Good on Drew. Ricky's, not as at it as Drew's, but still good for the fans. If it were me, and it's not, I would have gone 60 40. There should be something for winning the final.

Excited Steve, thanks!

Maybe he can throw in a nice Rolex ;)

Oh wait, not a Rolex, the coveted golden coat. I guess here it would have to be the coveted rubber something...

I heard Feldy was saying that he's backing off from playing some many events after his back surgery, but that he'd be putting high priority on DGPT. Solid promo right there. Excited to see the 2017 tour. :thmbup:

There is no "pay table listed below" and the links do not work.

I like the changes. If I were a touring pro, I would definitely prioritize these events.