• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT- 2018 Discraft Great Lakes Open

What a pleasure it was to follow his card today. I was just a few feet from him on many of his drives. So much more exciting and fun than I thought. The entire card was awesome. Can't wait for tomorrow .

Agreed,
Being there in person shows you how really good they are, in a way that video cannot convey completely.

I think it's a new layout, and the previous record was set yesterday at -11. That's what Nikko shot today, losing 7 shots to McBeth.

Changes for this year:
#4 was longer than it had been in the past, and they moved the pin to extend #5... both in place for USADGC.

Then for this event, they added a 2nd tee pad to lengthen #13 (up the steepest hill) at least another 175 ft, for MPO. This 2nd tee wasn't in place for Am Nats.

For FPO, they added shorter tees on 3 & 17 (and maybe a couple of others)... so the men & women ended up playing somewhat different layouts. But most of the holes were pretty much the same as they've been in recent years.

PDGA results page has the men's layout at 9355 ft and the women's at 7807ft. Big difference.

PDGA results page has the men's layout at 9355 ft and the women's at 7807ft. Big difference.

I also forgot about the short tee for FPO on #2. Pretty sure those 4 hole make up most of the difference. The difference on 2 & 3 is huge.

That course may not be perfect, but Good Lord, does it ever have wow factor.

How bout the physical ability to continously walk up and down mountains and still have the strength and ability to do what he did,,Fountain Hills is a walk in the park,tge courses aren't even comparable, horse**** of a rating

^ Still more than half the field shot under par, which explains the relatively low rating. Par was rated only 959

Maybe this round isn't Wilt Chamberlain scoring 100 points, but it sure as hell is Kobe Bryant scoring 81.

Maybe this round isn't Wilt Chamberlain scoring 100 points, but it sure as hell is Kobe Bryant scoring 81.

It absolutely is 100 points plus...Have you seen the course? Its insane. It needs to be the highest rated round ever, but because of how the PDGA rating works, it wont be.

The memoral ratings are so inflated, the -18 here is 10x more impressive than his -17 at Fountain hills

How bout the physical ability to continously walk up and down mountains and still have the strength and ability to do what he did,,Fountain Hills is a walk in the park,tge courses aren't even comparable, horse**** of a rating
I was actually impressed that Paul carried his own bag. 1st time I ever heard someone mention a caddy for DG I laughed. "Isn't that overkill for this game?" I thought to myself? ...then I played Tobbogan, and totally understood.

It's draining just spotting on some of those holes, like 2 and 3, because you're constantly running up and down the hill (often multiple times for one card). Sure it's easy for the lead and chase cards cause those players keep usually keep it the fairway, but those earlier cards... not so much. And it ain't like all the players throw the same distance. Spending a day on 2 or 3 is takes more out of me than playing it... especially 3. Those berms running down either side of the fairway are a damned killer. A day on 15 is pretty gruelling as well.

Oops, wrong thread. Post deleted.

Latest posts