• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Diamond State Open North Little Rock 12-11-10

BigA31640

This is the second annual Diamond State Open to be held at Burns Park in North Little Rock. It's one day two rounds. One on the red one on the blue. Stay tuned for info about players packs, divisions, and entry fees.

text version

2010 North Little Rock Disc Golf Open
Proudly Presented by Diamond State DGA
Saturday 12-11-10

2 Rounds of 18 at Burns Park
Field limited to first 45 Players

The following divisions will be offered
(must have 3 to form additional divisions)

Recreational $20
Players pack, top three trophies only, open to anyone/everyone

Intermediate $25
Players pack, 1st place trophy, smaller merchandise prizes

Advanced $35
Players pack, 1st place trophy, better prizes,tough competition

Pro $45
Players pack, 1st place trophy, cash payout ($25/entry into payout)

CTP contests included in players pack/entry
Optional $5 Ace Pool (2011 DSDGA members only)

All players will receive a players pack/goody bag at sign up. Players pack has a retail value of over $40 and features two durable premium discs. Choices include Discraft elite Z Buzzz, Stalker, Surge SS, and the Nuke. A nice lunch will be provided onsite as part of the player pack. We are going to have fires in every grill and firepit we can get away with to keep everyone warm.

TD/Contact Chris Alcott
[email protected]

wish i wasn't 4 hours away that would be worth the $20 or $25 to most likely get my butt kicked wish we had cheaper tournaments around here

Got you down Jon.. Pro Open? Bring that camera of yours, need help with that..

Birdman, 4 hours is nothing! You got a lil planning time, get a couple buds together and come play this tournament!

i wish i could but that's the weekend finals start so i can't really do it but i would love to play a new course and meet some new DGers

CHANGES!!!

Been tweeking some of the details on the tournament and want to post the updated flyer..

156330_180499125297802_167295286618186_690521_4379516_n.jpg

Yes, really cool blow glass minis for CTPs along with discs sponsored from local players and retailers.. Possible Ring of Fire and/or Zing contests

check out the FB page for more pics and info..

Current weather forecast from weather.gov for Saturday:
A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 58.

If that holds up (we all know Arkansas weather can/will change the forecast), it looks like it will be a pretty good day. Not freezing cold like it could be.

It looks like rain

Well, here's the latest forecast from weather.gov

Showers likely before 9am, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 9am and 2pm, then showers likely after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 57. South wind 5 to 15 mph becoming northwest. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

I don't like the sound of a possible thunderstorm, but it still doesn't look like it will be too cold.

Well the rain stayed away and TD ChrisAlcott ran a great show. The wind blew us around quite a bit but it wasn't cold at all. Congrats to Longliveguitar for coming in 3rd in Intermediate.

Disappointed

I was unable to attend this tourney but my 14 y/o son played in the Junior's division & won, but guess what? No trophy, not anything extra for winning his division! He got the same stuff everyone else did that didn't win, would've been nice to get some type of something for recognition that he paid to play & won. Many of the bigger names in DG around this area were also disappointed in the overall lack of preparedness of this particular tourney, I heard they ran out of food at lunch. I also think it's sad that more kids aren't being encouraged to take up the sport & participate in tournaments. There were only 5 juniors playing this time. At the Hot Springs Oktoberfest there were only 3, & my son again was one of them & won. They didn't have a dedicated trophy for his division, but at least they recognized their error & furnished him with one of the other trophies form the adult categories (a beer mug with the tourney etched into it :), pretty funny to give a kid I thought).

I was unable to attend this tourney but my 14 y/o son played in the Junior's division & won, but guess what? No trophy, not anything extra for winning his division! He got the same stuff everyone else did that didn't win, would've been nice to get some type of something for recognition that he paid to play & won. Many of the bigger names in DG around this area were also disappointed in the overall lack of preparedness of this particular tourney, I heard they ran out of food at lunch. I also think it's sad that more kids aren't being encouraged to take up the sport & participate in tournaments. There were only 5 juniors playing this time. At the Hot Springs Oktoberfest there were only 3, & my son again was one of them & won. They didn't have a dedicated trophy for his division, but at least they recognized their error & furnished him with one of the other trophies form the adult categories (a beer mug with the tourney etched into it :), pretty funny to give a kid I thought).

This is a bummer :wall:...... Your kid should have got two premium Discraft discs, two pencils, a cheeseburger, chips, 32oz gaterade, softdrinks, a pen, trash bag, a hotstamp Zing mini disc, a DC sticker, and a granola bar just for paying $20 and playing...

On top of that, all juniors at the awards ceremony were awarded a DC hat. Anyways, you live in the same town I do, and I have a TON of plastic.. I can figure you out a prize... got a bunch of shot glasses too :)

Thanks Chris

I appreciate your reply. I liked the shot glass idea, funny! It would go well with the beer mug, :thmbup:. My son did get some food & drink for lunch, I don't know if he got everything. He did one Buzzz disc & a DC hat, & I'm sure he got at least 1 pencil, but that was it. His Coach from school (Doug Trantham) who played in the tourney gave him another disc & a mini w/ the tourney stamp on it.
We're both playing in the Ice Bowl at Hindman Park this coming Sat. Maybe we'll see you there?

Latest posts