• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Different Manufacturers in Your Bag

How Many Different Manufacturers in Your Bag?

• 1-2

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • 3-4

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • 5-6

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • 7-8

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • 8-9

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • 10+

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

Sunday Mike

Birdie Member
I was looking at my current bag and I noticed that in the 13 discs I bag, I have 11 different manufacturers.
How many others are like that, or do you prefer just one or two brands?

This is what I bag:
NSH Custom Discs-Mr. Putt
Prodigy-M Model US, F Model US
Streamline-Trace
Yiku-Jun
Lone Star-Mad Cat
Latitude 64-Saint
Discmania-Rockstar
Millennium-Quantum JLS
LVH Sports-The Sky Goat, The Road Trip
Innova-Leopard
MVP-Deflector

Is this insanity?

I prefer to keep my brands down since it's easier to learn trends of discs (ie PLH, stability and wear of plastics, etc) if you limit your brands. However, finding those brands is different for everyone. It's all in personal preference, but I'm constantly trying to keep my game and decisions reasonably simple.

Currently I have these:
Gateway: Wizard & Spear
DGA: Breaker
Discmania: Instinct
Latitude64: River
MVP: Envy & Servo
Kastaplast: Reko, Kaxe, & Falk
Innova: Mako3, Wraith, & Boss
Discraft: Buzzz
Westside: Hatchet
NSH Customs: Stacks, Dwayne, & Teleporter.

I have several drivers in my bag as I'm testing them out in a field. I'm comparing the Falk, Wraith, Boss, Hatchet, and Spear to see what will suit my needs the best. The Boss is super lightweight (148) and very broken in. The Wraith is another well broken in disc. The others are all new. So once I do my field-work, my bag will change up a bit.

I've got a ton as well and don't see an issue with it. To get the beat for your game you have to get a lot of discs! Good to see a mad cat ITB!

Just depends on the course, my main bag doesn't change much but will slot in single molds from various companies, esp if looking for a specific flight.

I'm with you on that. I have a few discs in my collection specific to one or two holes in town. They get bagged whenever I hit those courses.

Kinda surprised I have 7. I've really gravitated towards Trilogy and MVP/Axiom over time. That's five brands but just two umbrellas. Also have a little Innova, Discraft and my good ol' Gateway Wiz.

I see no reason to be brand loyal unless someone is paying you.

I'm a COVID refugee so my options have been more limited. I have bought a lot of Innova because of availability. But I still managed to have at least 4 brands in my bad.

4 right now. 90% Discmania, plus Westside (King), MVP (Relativity), Dynamic (Getaway).

A couple months ago bag also had RDG (Stego), Axiom (Envy) NSH (GUNNZ), Discraft (Heat).

I don't look at discs as much as I used to. But what in the hell is a Mr. Putt, Road Trip and whatever that last one was? Sky Goat?

I've never heard of LVH and NSH. Now I need to look them up. Has there been any talk about either on here? I'm outta the loop I guess.

Last edited:
I've had a wide variety in the past, but right now just two brands. I carry an RDG Stego that gets a few throws per round and the rest of the bag is Innova.

I putt with Aviars, throw Roc3s whenever I can, and use Wraiths as my distance drivers. Those three molds have been bag staples for me for years. I'll supplement them with a rotating crew of other molds. Over the past few years, I've made less changes and carried less discs in general. So, less open slots for other manufacturers' discs to rotate through.

Do whatever works for you. That's what (sort of) works for me now.

This years bag consists of: Innova, Discraft, Lat 64, Kastaplast and Gateway

Star Firebird
Champ McBeth Thunderbird
Gannon or Pierce Tour Series Undertaker
Star Valk
Star Tbird 3
Lat 64 170+ Diamond
Star Leopard
Big Z Drone
Barham Tour Series Buzzz SS
Van Dyken Tour Series Meteor
Pierce Sig Sol
Pro Pig
Berg
Fierce
Killa Cam Tour Series Voodoo

Currently my bag is MVP/ Axiom across about 8 regular throwing molds.

Usually a discraft comet though.

I tripped on some good putters, so I checked out other offerings, then a few good lightweight drivers. Rest of the bag just kinda started filling out.

Once you get into one brand, right/ wrong best or not there's a familiarity between discs made byone company. If you have X disc, Y disc is the next step up. I actually was wondering about millenium for a while after getting a pros used 170 omega.

I have a scorpion, candy pro firebird and roadrunner that barely see throws. A soft falk and svea that were a gift and a fundraiser that get thrown more.Haha. Wait I got a few Snap Whitlers too.

Haha one more, there's a gateway magic down in the yard beside the omega for kids that drop by haha. Ok it's not in the bag but I'm amusing myself. I have mostly forsaken "solo molds" ewwww

Last edited:
Took me some years to get rid of my Innova bias, because that was what i was introduced to the game with. Now i only have one mold from there.

Sticking to one brand is just some monkey familiarity bias for me. Every company has some gems.

Latest posts