• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Disc between DD Judge and WS Harp

JFibeZZZ

Birdie Member
Ladies and Gentleman,

I prefer Trilogy plastic but will take all suggestions. Please give me your suggestions on the disc(s) that fall between the judge and Harp in stability.

Suspect is good. Lucid 172. Closer to Harp.

Mercy would work but is closer to Judge.

Shield might be right in between.

Thank you for the input. I doubt the suspect is the only viable option but I will keep it in mind.

Mercy is what I ended up with. It's extremely similar to a wizard. Holds up to full power drives dead straight, with a little bit of fade at the end, but not much. Will hold an anhyzer for 90% of the flight also. Will flatten out of it, but not fight out of it.

In between the judge and harp you have quite a few to choose from. The spike has more HSS, but less glide and fade than a judge, the gauntlet and dagger are more stable, the soon to be Marshall is more stable, suspect, shield, and sinus. About in that order.

Shield is the only one I can vouch for. I'd call it 2.5/2.5/0/1.5 if you want to be picky about it. Very HSS and it will go a little left at the end. Great for sweep hyzers. Not glidey but after it's worked in I can actually get it farther than I expected...but it does want to be thrown not lofted compared to the Judge I would assume.

Shield is the only one I can vouch for. I'd call it 2.5/2.5/0/1.5 if you want to be picky about it. Very HSS and it will go a little left at the end. Great for sweep hyzers. Not glidey but after it's worked in I can actually get it farther than I expected...but it does want to be thrown not lofted compared to the Judge I would assume.
This, all the way through. :thmbup:

You can beat the fade out of a Shield, but it still wont be your glidey putter that you just toss and let the disc do the work.

Another option, if you can wait, could be the DD Marshall that is this year's Trilogy putter. Sounds like it would be pretty close to a Shield, but apparently with a (micro?)bead.

Last edited:
I would also say Shield.
Mercy is not so much between, its a bit more to the Judge side.
They do feel different though.

I used an Envy for that slot until my Med Harp straightened out a bit. Now I just use TP/VIP for OS shots, BT for the tweener and Warden for straight upshots.

Thanks guys. To be honest I jumped the gun and ordered a gauntlet before I made this thread but it sounds like the shield is what I need to try. I do have an envy I can try so I'll take that with me on my next round.

Shield or Champ Rhyno.

Or if youre a Feldberg fan who likes freakish, horribly named discs, he won't shut up about the Sinus. I personally can't get past the dry heaves when I pick one up.

Shield, you can pick up a misprint on Dynamic's website for $10 shipped right now. I also agree with the envy.

Do you have a base plastic harp?
I am using my x zone more and more.
I am sure a base Harp will season up nicely also

Can't think off hand of a Trilogy disc that fits perfect in between the Harp and Judge. Suspect works, but it's longer, I've thrown the Suspect for a few years and replaced it with a Rhyno, it's more predicable in the throwing putter slot, Suspect is more of a slower mid.

The sinus is pretty overstable, closer to the harp but I find it much more usable. Has some glide that can get you good distance, fights wind well and is super consistent. It's really changed my game from 250' and in.

Latest posts