• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Disc between DD Judge and WS Harp

+1 Shield

I tried the shield but its puddle top didn't click with me. Are they supposed to be flat, maybe I got an xout?

I second the beat in Harp for power drives. I recently put my well seasoned hard harp back in the bag after watching Ricky's ITB where he bags two. My seasoned one still has great HSS while losing its fade first. Still not much glide but flat/low profile gets it there in a hurry with more control in the wind.

I tried the shield but its puddle top didn't click with me. Are they supposed to be flat, maybe I got an xout?

I second the beat in Harp for power drives. I recently put my well seasoned hard harp back in the bag after watching Ricky's ITB where he bags two. My seasoned one still has great HSS while losing its fade first. Still not much glide but flat/low profile gets it there in a hurry with more control in the wind.

My tourney shield has a very slight dome to it. I ended up liking the mercy better- so it's up for sale is any of you all need one.

I'd say that the BT ones start out flat and premium ones could have just a bit of dome. However, the BT ones definitely get puddly as they hit trees. Seems to be the case with most Trilogy putters though.

Are we asking the right questions? Obviously not. The first thing you need to figure out is beaded or beadless.

The judge and harp all have significant beads. I use these two discs predominantly in my line up and prefer a bead.

The shield I believe doesn't have a bead. Didn't hear anything about the pure.

If you look in my bag you will see the envy. In the winter I was using fluid judge, soft harp and gstar big bead in that order!

I don't believe either the harp or the shield have a true bead. The shield is similar in rim shape to the PA1. While both are quite rounded at the bottom I wouldn't say they have beads.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I throw shields, I think its best in tournament for OS. But my BT Medium Harp is beat into perfect. Holds slow turn over lines in the wind and can just power straight for a long way.

The PA1 doesn't have a bead. That's why I trying to sell my two candy prototypes that look, well like candy.

The harp definitely has a bead no ifs ands or butts.

Last edited:
Just for the record I did end up settling on a soft mvp envy for this slot. Also for the record the gauntlet was nowhere near what I was wanting.