• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Catchers

I absolutely love my INNOVA SKILLSHOT. If you're a poor college student, then the $130 you'll spend on a skillshot might save you at least $70 compared to the others. Naturally your savings translates into a nice sack of kind and a 30 pack of high life light. Also, the skillshot will fit in your car easily. My putting drastically improved after using one. The sweet spot is a tad smaller than standard baskets so you'll focus on hitting a smaller area. After putting on that, you'll feel like the baskets at the course are TOO BIG! It has real chains that grab fairly well for something that resembles a camping chair/umbrella hybrid.

My 2 cents.. A buddy of mine has a portable Discatcher and he never takes it anywhere because it's too cumbersome. take a look at the the SKILLSHOT!!

the skillshot is fairly light, well-constructed and takes up about as much space as a camping chair in your trunk. it probably won't hold up to letting it sit out in the rain/snow but it's the most portable basket you can get with chains. I believe innova has a super-light folding basket that uses a mesh web as opposed to chains but that seems pretty strange. Anyone have any positive feedback on the mesh basket?

Inner chains depends on the type of putt anyways, I'm a straddle putter that puts with a bit of hyzer so it gently fades in so adding inner chains really doesn't matter to me. For people that have a putting style that guns it down (Think Matt Orum), adding inner chains would be nice.

Personal preference shines through once again.

On another note about Discatcher Sport baskets, I own 3 and all three have had to be rewelded on the front of the basket, they started breaking lose after close to 3 months.

I still prefer them over the other brands.

Wow, I haven't checked back on this thing in a while. You all have given me a lot to consider in my decision and research. Thanks everybody for the info! :)