• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc fishing in Minnesota

reverand_redbeard

Par Member
All my discs got stolen from my car awhile back and i am suffering with the few discs i've gotten at a discount at airtraffic and a few i've bought off people at league, where do you think would be great places to go fishing for discs in minnesota? I am already thinking Lions park 1 in shakopee and north valley, does anyone know if other people go fishing around here, and would anyone like to join in the fishing experience?

Midnight, just stay out of it dude...not your problem buddy...take care of yours first...you can't get taken again if you don't let yourself get involved

Classic! Midnight can't handle another War Eagle.
:D

if you guys are implying that i'm stealing by pulling discs out of a lake or something please don't, I just wanna know if anyone knows of a disc eating pond that they might have lost some discs in, if you know of one let me know and tell me what you lost in it maybe i'll find it for ya. I already am going into one pond for a disc of my own, as well as some guys i know from league, and now also someone from this forum has lost two discs so i'm hoping to find his too...

sorry man, didn't intend to make you feel bad about swimming for discs...more power to you...i was just trying to make sure Midnight didn't do anything he might later regret...he's a giver, and people like him get taken advantage of, just didn't want to see it happen again...so my comments were not directed at you at all...if i were in Minn I'd go swimming with you! if you want to come down here to NC i got a course called Buckhorn that has hundreds of discs i'm sure

i guess i don't know the backstory i'm new to the forum... but yeah sometimes the world is stupid, some kids broke into my car parked outside my house, they stole my bag of discs and the owners manual of a 93 range rover, fricken stupid kids!!!! whats the gain? they can't make money on any of it they only just made me sad and angry... hopefully they decide to go play disc golf and focus on more productive things

sorry man, didn't intend to make you feel bad about swimming for discs...more power to you...i was just trying to make sure Midnight didn't do anything he might later regret...he's a giver, and people like him get taken advantage of, just didn't want to see it happen again...so my comments were not directed at you at all...if i were in Minn I'd go swimming with you! if you want to come down here to NC i got a course called Buckhorn that has hundreds of discs i'm sure

Not the lake, it gets pretty fished out I think, but that nasty stagnant pond? Good lord yes. I'm not going in it in anything short of an old deep sea diving suit that they had to pump air to you in.

I know of a couple places up north here, that I've seen a stray disc or two go into.

Sunnybrook Park (Wadena) in the creek.
Filmore Park (Alexandria) in the pond.

I'd go swimming for a few, but as murky and weedy as those two are, don't know if I'd risk it.

I've seen a few kids do it, but later had some bad rashes.

And welcome to the boards, hope to see you around Minnesnowta some time.

PS; how you come out with those storms the other day? Hope all is ok down there for you.

Take it with a grain of salt, Redbeard. Most of the people on this site are great people. One guy, made everyone's misfortune curious to some of the people here. They are just watching out for each other now. We're a team, i guess you can say.

Played a few courses in Minneapolis but none of them I played had water that I would feel would be loaded with discs. Gotta throw really bad to have multiples in the ones I played. Try Craigslist in your area. There's been a few times where people had some good stuff for real cheap in your area. Search out all variations of what people call disc golf. it's the non-avid ones that we'll have the 8 discs for 30 bucks deals and stuff like that. They just might list it as "disc golf", "disk golf", "frisbee golf", "frolf", or something by brand "innova", "discraft", etc. They ones who don't know what they have usually have the best deals.

Good luck and sorry about your car. In my last car, kids broke in, went through my backpack and the rest of the stuff in my car and walked off with two of the 30 CDs, my Family Guy Season 3 DVD box sets, and the ashtray with all my coins in it. Kids! If they were smart, they would have throw everything in my backpack and stolen my $200 headphones too. They unrolled the cord and found no mp3 player and left the headphones. Pissed me off because they went through all my cds and only took a couple. It's not my fault they didn't know who Cowboy Mouth and the Wonder Stuff are. I was more upset that they were being selective. Made it not worth filing a claim.

All my discs got stolen from my car awhile back and i am suffering with the few discs i've gotten at a discount at airtraffic and a few i've bought off people at league, where do you think would be great places to go fishing for discs in minnesota? I am already thinking Lions park 1 in shakopee and north valley, does anyone know if other people go fishing around here, and would anyone like to join in the fishing experience?

As a MN guy, I can tr and help...

Acorn Park Hole #1...lost a few myself there
Kaposia hole #16...see above
Bethel DGC hole #4
Blue Ribbon Pines all over
North Valley

#1 rule of Minnesota Fishing is to never disclose your honey hole.

But if I was looking for discs I would focus my time in wooded areas on the left side of fairways that drop off to hillsides or slews.

Best of luck and don't catch the lyme or west nile - and call me if you find my discs

Oh BTW I saw the Wonderstuff at 1st Ave on in Oct 91 "Never Loved Elvis"

Last edited:
i actually played the last two days during the storms, i didn't get any tornadoage ussually the cold air around minnesota river acts as a buffer and prevents any bad stuff from comin in...

at kaposia did you loose the disc in that swampy area i guess because i'm a rhbh thrower i haven't really thought about that being a hazard ussually i end up down in the ditch if i shank it on #16, i will deffinantly try acorn park too because i've never played there but have always wanted too, pm me the brand, mold, color, and plastic of those discs you lost i'll try to find them!

when i started hearing about all this disc jackin on here i started taking my bag in the house not because i really cared if someone broke in my car and took my discs but cause if they stole my car id be pretty bummed and would wanna go play some dg.

when i started hearing about all this disc jackin on here i started taking my bag in the house not because i really cared if someone broke in my car and took my discs but cause if they stole my car id be pretty bummed and would wanna go play some dg.

LOL. My car got broken into with almost all of my discs in it, including my bag and my "starters," but luckily they only took my subwoofer and amp. Insurance only covers what is attached to the car, so I would have been out a few hundred in plastic and maybe 20 bucks in disc golf enhancing substances if they would have taken my bag and discs.

Not the lake, it gets pretty fished out I think, but that nasty stagnant pond? Good lord yes. I'm not going in it in anything short of an old deep sea diving suit that they had to pump air to you in.

That's what I would assume about the lake, but with the weather being like it is it wouldn't be so bad to take a swin and maybe find a couple. In fact I might hit up Buckhorn sometime next week and do just that. Nuclear waste probably doesn't make it into the lake, right?

you might get super powers if it does have nuclear waste though! if you see 5 legged frogs and turtle cats your good to go!

Latest posts