• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf and Baseball Cards - Paul McBeth has bridged the gap

Danderlion

Par Member
Hello all,

Disc golf is my #1 hobby and collecting baseball cards is #2.

Today I was reviewing the checklist for 2016 Topps Allen & Ginter. Traditionally this product is mainly baseball players (80% or so), but often has stars from other sports or pop culture.

I was looking to see what autographs would be included in this years set. As I am scanning, I see this "AGA-PMB Paul McBeth - Disc Golf Champ" :thmbup:

So for those of you that would like to own a Paul Mcbeth Autograph, this is your chance. This product releases 1 week from today (7/20/16).

The best way to get one of these is to check ebay roughly 1 week after the release date and you will see a bunch of these listed. I assume the price will be very low as most people have no clue who he is.

Here is a link to the checklist - http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2016-topps-allen-ginter-baseball-cards. He is listed under the Non-Baseball Autograph section.

I apologize if nobody cares about Paul McBeth autographs in a baseball product, but I thought I would share. I think it is pretty cool. I wish there was a picture of the card I could share, but that is not available yet.

Dan

Hello all,

Disc golf is my #1 hobby and collecting baseball cards is #2.

Today I was reviewing the checklist for 2016 Topps Allen & Ginter. Traditionally this product is mainly baseball players (80% or so), but often has stars from other sports or pop culture.

I was looking to see what autographs would be included in this years set. As I am scanning, I see this "AGA-PMB Paul McBeth - Disc Golf Champ" :thmbup:

So for those of you that would like to own a Paul Mcbeth Autograph, this is your chance. This product releases 1 week from today (7/20/16).

The best way to get one of these is to check ebay roughly 1 week after the release date and you will see a bunch of these listed. I assume the price will be very low as most people have no clue who he is.

Here is a link to the checklist - http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2016-topps-allen-ginter-baseball-cards. He is listed under the Non-Baseball Autograph section.

I apologize if nobody cares about Paul McBeth autographs in a baseball product, but I thought I would share. I think it is pretty cool. I wish there was a picture of the card I could share, but that is not available yet.

Dan

Nice detective work! I had heard about this some time ago but was never able to confirm.

As a card collector myself (over 5000 badeball cards and counting) I really need to get a hold of this.

It appears he has multiple cards in this release. I see a base card, an autograph card, and a relic card.

The relic cards always have a piece of game used material inserted in the card. I'm hoping the relic will be part of one of his discs that he retired and no longer needs, but could be something as simple as a piece of the shirt he wore in some tournament.

Allen and Ginter had Avery's card out in 2009,I think. Ken Climo has a card, that had a ton of variations of. Allen and Ginter seems most logical for disc golf players because it highlights stars in almost every sport imaginable. Heck, they've even got World Leader cards, cards of creatures, historic events and so much more. I've got cards Joey Chestnut, Big Foot: monster truck, the Grand Canyon, Jeanette Lee (Black Widow): pool and many more.

A cool card might be profiling McBeast's Bag and what he carries.

Allen and Ginter had Avery's card out in 2009,I think. Ken Climo has a card, that had a ton of variations of. Allen and Ginter seems most logical for disc golf players because it highlights stars in almost every sport imaginable. Heck, they've even got World Leader cards, cards of creatures, historic events and so much more. I've got cards Joey Chestnut, Big Foot: monster truck, the Grand Canyon, Jeanette Lee (Black Widow): pool and many more.

A cool card might be profiling McBeast's Bag and what he carries.

That's awesome. I did not know AJ and KC had cards as well. Title of the thread is misleading now :doh:

Nice! I have the Avery Jenkins A&G card from 2009. He signed it in the mail for me. I'll have to get McBeth as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something to ponder: The major card companies usually have some type of subset within the main set. Allen and Ginter has many soooooo...... Maybe they can have a subset that pays tribute to Men's/Women's World/US Champions?

Latest posts