• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf and beer....why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
when .08 is the legal limit those 2 beers are cutting it real close.

Not to mention 2 micro brews with a solid AV% and you're on the way to feeling pretty good. While I don't give a crap what people want to do on the course I don't think this kind of mentality is a good one about drinking.
Dude, seriously? 2 beers, consumed over a 90 minute period, while being somewhat active will not get the average man anywhere near .08. Now, if you're a tiny little dude, or you are pounding 9-10% beer it's a different story, but generally speaking I don't see a lot of microbrew bottles in the trash cans of courses I play.

I wouldn't drink at a tourney, but when I'm playing for fun why the hell not?

It's not the drinking at the course that bothers me, it's the people that jump in their cars and drive home after downing 6+ beers in a round.

I love beer. Let's get that out first.

I can't drink and play, because DG bag (regular or backpack) drink holders do a piss poor job of holding a beer. It spills and goes flat way too quick. Nothing worse than a flat beer by hole 3.

i have a friend who plays better after drinking a few beer up to about six or seven, after that it's downhill. if i really want to beat him i play him in the morning. :)

i'll drink a few beers during casual rounds but i'll usually save most of them for after the round.

It's not the drinking that bothers me, it's the fact that our courses are littered with beer cans. And nothing fills up course trash cans faster than a bunch of cheap, domestic tall boy cans. I've never once seen a person pack-out their own beer cans.

I play disc golf because it is a great escape from all the hassles of the real world. Beer just makes that escape 10x better.

I don't drink and drive but I will have a few before I putt! :) Most of my rounds are in the morning and I haven't had a beer in the morning since my snorkeling trip in Mexico about 10 years ago!

The same reason anyone does anything and drinks beer.

Not sure what kind of beer the OP is drinking but nothing quenches my thirst on a hot summer day like an ice-cold Sculpin IPA.

As long as the cans and bottles end up in a trash can and not scattered out on the course... who really cares?

Casual game being played by casual players enjoying a drink. Alert the media.

Dude, seriously? 2 beers, consumed over a 90 minute period, while being somewhat active will not get the average man anywhere near .08. Now, if you're a tiny little dude, or you are pounding 9-10% beer it's a different story, but generally speaking I don't see a lot of microbrew bottles in the trash cans of courses I play.

I actually see quite a few decent looking beers on courses. I've admittedly not paid much attention to ABV.

A little to my surprise, two strong beers _will_ put plenty of people in or around the 0.08 range. Maybe it shouldn't be surprising, 8-9% beer - not so uncommon for craft beer - is twice the ABV of what most of your blood alcohol content tables would assume. So, two 12 oz bottles is four "drinks" or more, not two.

It depends on what you're drinking, how long you play, your size, your metabolism, your gender, etc, etc. Of course.

I love beer. Let's get that out first.

I can't drink and play, because DG bag (regular or backpack) drink holders do a piss poor job of holding a beer. It spills and goes flat way too quick. Nothing worse than a flat beer by hole 3.

If your beer is flat by hole 3, you need to quit babysitting and drink it. Or get some alum bottles with twist cap that you can re seal.

I like (good) beer, I like disc golf, my park allows beer.
I ain't gonna sit here and tolerate some canned limearita drinker. Good day!

I love beer as well. Beer is by far best imbibed outside. Disc golf is many things to many people. My wife plays as well, and does not drink, so driving is not in play for me. Lime beer?....? Nobody should care what other do on a course, shot of littering, vandalizing.....Beer does indeed quench my thirst. Agreed that beer should not go flat in three holes, drink it. IF I am drinking during a round, I likely do not care if there is a negative impact on my play, I am out for chance to get outside, visit with some friends and get in some exercise. I generally don't drink while playing, but sometimes.....and mmmmmmm.

If your beer is flat by hole 3, you need to quit babysitting and drink it. Or get some alum bottles with twist cap that you can re seal.

I guess it depends. I'd actually prefer a nice vodka/lemonade in a water bottle than a beer on the course. Catch me at Highbridge/Flip City this year, and you'll see me with a decent stagger towards the end of the day because of it.

I guess it depends. I'd actually prefer a nice vodka/lemonade in a water bottle than a beer on the course. Catch me at Highbridge/Flip City this year, and you'll see me with a decent stagger towards the end of the day because of it.

That actually sounds pretty good on a warm summer day.

My buddy and I had a routine this past summer. We played a couple of rounds a week at different courses. We would play the front 9 take a short break and have a beer then finish the back 9 and have another beer and talk about how we played etc.. We are both what some would call beer snobs and only drink craft beers. We took turns bringing the beer and always tried to bring something the other hadn't tried yet. It was a great summer of disc golf and sampling micro brew. Now it's freezing and I am missing those days badly.

I don't drink. If you want to drink and play more power to you. If you want to get hammered and play, I will not be playing with you. Picking up after themselves would be my only problem with people drinking on the course.

Dooods... Beer Buzz Challenge... Everybody starts with a 6 pack and only a Discraft Buzz. The 6 has to be gone the end of hole 9 before moving on to the back 9. There you can drink more if you will. Low score wins throwing the Buzz only.

Status
Not open for further replies.