• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf and Foot Golf Sharing Space

I have only seen foot golf on 1 course. Turtle Bay Resort on the North Shore in Hawaii. $10 entry fee and was worth every dime. It's only a 9 hole course but it's at the Turtle Bay Resort. It connects with a golf course and is open and flat but who cares it's Hawaii. I was worried I'd fall into one of the cups while I was gazing at the surfers surf the big waves. If Foot golf is good enough for Turtle Bay it must be alright.

There is a course close to me that is on a old golf course and the setup now has it sharing the disc golf course with foot golf and there really isn't a problem it actually has me wanting to try it out

I've played footgolf on a shared golf course. While I suppose it was fun, it was also not that exciting just kicking it as far as you could each hole... open course. If anything I think disc golfers would be able to design better, more interesting courses for footgolf. If someone stuck fg holes in last technical dg course I played, it'd be a cool foot golf course.

I'm negotiating with a municipality over taking over a closed golf course and converting it to disc golf. This will be city-owned and be multi-use. They asked me about sharing space with foot golf.

Does anyone here know if there are any disc golf/foot golf courses sharing space? If so, how has it worked out?

I thought I'd give y'all an update: https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=11009

The course is in the ground now with turf tees and signage coming in Saturday. The first tourney will be a team golf event happening Sunday. We expect 108 players. The city has been easy to work with, and the park is now the most popular park in North Bend. We're looking to acquire 10 more acres to the east, so I'm hoping to extend some of the holes to get some more par 4s to bring the whole thing in line with my original vision.

Foot golf has been scrapped for now. The plan is to put in a walking path circling the whole park, a playground and possibly a dog park.

Its already being called one of the top 5 courses is WA, and I'll have Tim enable the rating feature Saturday after the tee signs go in. If you happen to be passing thru North Bend on I-90 on you way to or from Seattle the course is one minute off the freeway. It's a quick play with outstanding views of the Cascades. Have fun!