• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Art

Jimb

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I searched for a general thread about disc golf art and most every search involved somebody selling something. That was good, creative, stuff... but not what I was looking for.

First of all, I'm no artist... on or off of the course. But I like to mess around every once in a while with my kid's toys, crayons, colored pencils, whatever. I frequently find myself including disc golf in what I draw. Got me thinking that I'd like to see what other people might just draw, paint, etc. for fun, disc golf related.

I'm not interested in photographs, dyed discs, etc. in this thread. We have other threads for those and there's some excellent stuff to be found there. So if you're interested, let's see what you've got. Hope we can have some fun with this.

I'll start off with one I've posted before and another new one. Check out my skills. :p

Etch A Sketch

picture.php

Magna Doodle (generic version for a rambunctious 3 year old)

picture.php

Stamp Design

I drew this for the Infinite Discs stamp wars last year It only made it through a couple of rounds of the voting. It was fun for me to draw. Its sort of a reflection of me the teeth are a cartoon version of my teeth. There are 9 hash marks inside the spades that represent my 9 aces. And some chains. Just kind of a fun drawing skull meets syfy meets disc golf kind of thing.

Attachments

• Infinite Ace.jpg
    Infinite Ace.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 37
Worst Front 9 Ever!

This is a 2'x3' glass-on-glass mosaic that I call "The Worst Front 9 Ever!". Hole 1 starts at the top and, like all of the holes on the front 9, requires a throw across the river. On most of the holes players must use a shaky suspension bridge to reach the green. The one exception is a zip line that players must use to cross the river after hole 3, before dismounting into a small pond on the other side. The tee pad on hole 7 is cantilevered over the river, so players who foot fault will find themselves floating downstream, if they survive the fall. It's a dangerous nine holes and it's even possible for players to lose every disc in their bag before finishing all nine holes. For those reasons, this is surely the worst front 9 ever!

Worst front 9 ever resized 2.jpg

This is a 2'x3' glass-on-glass mosaic that I call "The Worst Front 9 Ever!". Hole 1 starts at the top and, like all of the holes on the front 9, requires a throw across the river. On most of the holes players must use a shaky suspension bridge to reach the green. The one exception is a zip line that players must use to cross the river after hole 3, before dismounting into a small pond on the other side. The tee pad on hole 7 is cantilevered over the river, so players who foot fault will find themselves floating downstream, if they survive the fall. It's a dangerous nine holes and it's even possible for players to lose every disc in their bag before finishing all nine holes. For those reasons, this is surely the worst front 9 ever!

View attachment 66810

Can't wait to see the back nine!

Can't wait to see the back nine!

Here's one from the back nine. This is another 2'x3' glass-on-glass mosaic window showing a player who has just made an ace. It's a really long par 4 that throws from an elevated tee pad to a basket on the other side of a lake. On most days he would just try and throw over all of the houses to avoid having to climb a fence into someone's backyard. On this day though, he was feeling strong and there was a good wind behind him, so he decided to go for the edge of the water. This would leave him an easy layup and a sure birdy. So he gave it his all, but the wind took it far out over the lake. Just when he thought he'd lost his most treasured driver, the disc turned back toward land and slammed into the basket. You can see his reaction on the tee pad when the sound of chains finally makes it's way back up the hill.

Ace resized.jpg

It looks like this thread is winding down, so here's one last post before it slips into the digital archives. This is a 30+ ft bench made from a live oak branch salvaged from a tree killed by oak wilt. My son and I used chainsaws and lots of sand paper to plane the top and carve the two screws. It now sits behind the hole #9 blue tee pad on the big course at the Flying Armadillo Disc Golf Club.

Twin Screws HDR merged resized 1.jpg

Twin Screws HDR merged resized 2.jpg

You guys are talented!
I especially like the mosaic & woodworking!

You guys are talented!
I especially like the mosaic & woodworking!

Agreed! My drawing/painting talent falls WAY, WAY, SHORT of others, but it's still fun. I'm at home with the 4 year old and we did some painting while listening to the DGPT. And before someone asks... this is my painting and not the kid's. LOL!

picture.php

Latest posts