• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf bag with speakers?!?!?!

The last group of turds that had a radio i seen i told them to turn it off or get ****ed up.
I actually just told em to turn it down. I play to make money.

I'm confused...So in other words, some guys were playing loud music and you just asked them to turn it down? Wait, did you at least swear at them or give them a really dirty look?
Just don't tell me that you didn't say please...oh man, you went from internet tough guy to humble pie pretty quick there...
Next thing you're going to say, "OK, well I didn't ask them to turn it down, but I wish I had because I ended up shanking my drive and it was all their fault! And you know I can't be shanking my drives...I've got to get paid, bills to pay, mouths to feed, and baby always needs a new pair of shoes!!!!!"

I'm gonna go play all the courses near Kentwood tomorrow and blast some funky techno jams. Hopefully no one tries to beat my a$$! :thmbup:

Somebody on here, I believe rikardob (don't know if he's active anymore), had an awesome GB Kong that he put some sweet speakers into. They were water resistant and even came with an amp. I've been meaning to do the same thing to my Silverback once I get it. I'll have to send him a PM to see if I can get him back here for a little guidance.

Yeah...check out this thread.

Still around, still golfing and still have the awesome modded GB Kong. Just played a round with some friends yesterday and was asked to play some tunes. Gimmie a shout if you have any questions about the bag or mods.

In my area, most of the courses are in public areas and parks so people can pretty much do whatever they want from picnicing on the course or whatever...

I think you might be surprised if you actually read the rules of those parks where you can do whatever you want...ours clearly states no amplified music...

I do want to note that our park rules clearly state that throwing objects is not allowed either and does not state exceptions so technically baseball, football, and disc golf are illegal. :confused:

Okay, so first I'll say that I own close to 500 non stolen hip hop albums.

Now...WTF is up with people listening to rap on the dg course???!
I myself prefer ska as it's tempo is suiting, the horns are heroic, and the lyrics are usually about a positive take on something crappy- simillar to my dg game:)
I can even understand techno or classic rock, but rap?! WTF!
I don't want to hear about banging hoes, spinning rims, selling crack, or some other random perpetrating bs while out in nature. Even worse, me living in Detroit for over 12 years and being Mexican&Irish makes me laugh at white boys trying to act like thugs.

Personally I have a bag that I modified, it now has a pair of Phillips speaker mounted in it. There is a small amp that powers the speakers. In none PDGA events I play music, provided no one in my group has a problem with it. I hook the speakers to my iPhone and play music from the iPod or from Pandora. With Pandora at the ready I can typically find a genre that everyone in the group is okay with.

In all the rounds I have played with the bag only 3 times have I been asked to turn it off or down. First guy had a hearing aid that amplified it too much. The second was during a night round (couldn't hear the disc hitting trees). The third I was asked to lower the volume when driving, to which I just lowered it.

NICE BAG? how much did it cost to modify? i have the fade crunch, so not much room to modify it. good job on yours! how is the sound quality on the speakers?

Okay, so first I'll say that I own close to 500 non stolen hip hop albums.

Now...WTF is up with people listening to rap on the dg course???!
I myself prefer ska as it's tempo is suiting, the horns are heroic, and the lyrics are usually about a positive take on something crappy- simillar to my dg game:)
I can even understand techno or classic rock, but rap?! WTF!
I don't want to hear about banging hoes, spinning rims, selling crack, or some other random perpetrating bs while out in nature. Even worse, me living in Detroit for over 12 years and being Mexican&Irish makes me laugh at white boys trying to act like thugs.

Yeah for sure.... Rap is cRAP and shouldnt be heard on a DG course. Those white boys that act gankster need to man-up and stop perpetratin'. They are just imitators....:thmbdown:

saggin' = faggin'

Personally I have a bag that I modified, it now has a pair of Phillips speaker mounted in it. There is a small amp that powers the speakers. In none PDGA events I play music, provided no one in my group has a problem with it. I hook the speakers to my iPhone and play music from the iPod or from Pandora. With Pandora at the ready I can typically find a genre that everyone in the group is okay with.

In all the rounds I have played with the bag only 3 times have I been asked to turn it off or down. First guy had a hearing aid that amplified it too much. The second was during a night round (couldn't hear the disc hitting trees). The third I was asked to lower the volume when driving, to which I just lowered it.

That is awesome how you did that. I was impressed when I saw and heard that the quality of it.:thmbup:

If you use a t-amp which can be battery powered and some small full range drivers you can get a good sound...a good driver is going to weigh a few pounds though, I am not sure I would want all that extra weight.

The bag is a Fade Tournament (Midnight Black) The speakers are Phillips that I got at Target for 17.99. About 30 minutes to modify the bag.

1. Cut Holes in bag.
2. Take apart speaker.
3. solder speaker wires back on after getting the wires through the bag.
4. reassemble speakers.
5. Change batteries from AAA to AA for $.99 by soldering new battery pack on.
6. Jam and let them rip.

I prefer to jam out to some Johnny Rebel when I'm out with the brosephs. j/k

Just got the bag! It's a pretty sweet little bag, the speakers aren't nearly powerful enough to be obnoxious and it comes set up. $25 plus shipping off of ebay. I like it!

I know me personally most of the time im not going to the local course to "have fun", im going there to get better and work on my game. Im not going to the already crowded course to listen to a radio in my bag, drink beer and socialize with friends... The last group of turds that had a radio i seen i told them to turn it off or get ****ed up. Of course they were listen to car alarm techno music.

Hope you stay downstate. People up here are much more relaxed.
Tunes in the bag and on the cart. Think both were around $10 each. Don't need it loud, just some background noise. I always ask if it bothers anyone on my card. If so I don't even turn it on. That's not very often.
If you threaten me while on the course, I'll send the dog after you! He's always with me, leashed.
By the way it's "I saw" not "I seen".
HPIM3325.jpg

HPIM3327.jpg

HPIM3333.jpg

Hope you stay downstate. People up here are much more relaxed.
Tunes in the bag and on the cart. Think both were around $10 each. Don't need it loud, just some background noise. I always ask if it bothers anyone on my card. If so I don't even turn it on. That's not very often.
If you threaten me while on the course, I'll send the dog after you! He's always with me, leashed.
By the way it's "I saw" not "I seen".
HPIM3325.jpg

HPIM3327.jpg

HPIM3333.jpg

:clap::clap:

Wow what a ridiculous looking contraption.

I would like to point out that i didn't actually threaten anyone i was over exaggerating. I wouldnt do that. I did tell em to turn it down i think.

Latest posts