• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Cart...

dlk33

Par Member
Has anyone else decided to make their own disc golf cart to haul their discs on the course? Hubby& I both have our own carts now. We picked up one cart free at a yard sale & paid $3 for the other one. Bought a plastic tote to hold our dg bag, did a little tweaking here & there (totes can be removed, to save space in the trunk) & now we've saved our backs, so we can play a few years longer:) We've seen other carts with an additional cooler on the bottom for their beer, etc, but we only have one on the top.

i've seen you guys around madison, they look great, innovative ideas, being only 17 myself i don't see a point in me having to modify one, having a healthy back, but anything to keep you guys playing longer

There's someone that frequents the dye forums (Disc Golf Cowboy, I believe) that made his own out of pvc. It's a great, simple idea. If I ever get to the point that I need one, that's probably the path I'll take.

And it would be cool if you posted a pic or two.

I've thought about making one simply because it would be easier to tote around my kids drinks and snacks on those occasions when the family joins me on the course. It's a nuisance to carry around a disc golf bag, diaper bag, a few toys, etc. There's a couple courses that I play that aren't really stroller friendly and a disc cart would solve the this issue nicely.

Then agian there are some courses that are not disc cart friendly either. Does this limit you to what courses you do play?

I like the idea except the courses I play on have some tough walking on and in between holes. It would be more of a hassle to drag the cart than carry my bag.

I have a jogger that I turned into a cart and wont play without it. i have a seat my bag and a cooler and dont have to carry anything. It also keeps me from bending over as much, keeps bugs and poison ivy etc off my bag, and has a cover to keep discs dry....GREATNESS!!!

Has anyone else decided to make their own disc golf cart to haul their discs on the course? Hubby& I both have our own carts now. We picked up one cart free at a yard sale & paid $3 for the other one. Bought a plastic tote to hold our dg bag, did a little tweaking here & there (totes can be removed, to save space in the trunk) & now we've saved our backs, so we can play a few years longer:) We've seen other carts with an additional cooler on the bottom for their beer, etc, but we only have one on the top.

Love to see a picture for effect & ideas. :)

Then agian there are some courses that are not disc cart friendly either. Does this limit you to what courses you do play?

That's true but I play those when it's just me and the wife or when I'm by myself. It could be considered a limiting factor but honestly, with all of the incredible courses in the Charlotte area, I don't feel at all cheated if I have to play a course that's stroller friendly. If anything, it's good quality time spent with the family.

I think I will stick with the single shoulder strap until my should gives out then switch to the quad shocks then if I am really in a bad way switch to the cart. As of right now I am blessed with a strong back and youthful ignorance.

i've seen you guys around madison, they look great, innovative ideas, being only 17 myself i don't see a point in me having to modify one, having a healthy back, but anything to keep you guys playing longer

What do you mean you don't see a point in having to modify a cart at your age? Other then sawing off the arm to make it shorter for pulling, we just made the golf carts disc golf friendly, for us to put a tote on it that can be removed easily. There are more reasons to use the cart then just to save our backs, which someone has mentioned. It's just a lot easier all the way around:) On courses that are hilly & tight, we just carry our bags like everyone else, since the carts would be a hassle.

I took the pic, uploaded it, but can't seem to figure out how to post it now

Pretty sure once it is uploaded it should be attached to your post. You can hit the "Preview Post" button next to the "submit Post" button to double check. I'm pullin' for ya. I want to see that cart. :)

Had to come up with our own idea to attach a score card holder on one of the carts. Hubby took a small cutting board & sanded it down to size then bolted it on. He broke the first one which was a clip board he sanded down, when the cart fell backwards & hit the ground. This one is thicker, so shouldn't be a problem.