• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI - There's a reason most courses have a practice basket. It's to be used for practice and to avoid interference with round play. Nothing wrong with practicing on a hole that's not in use but practice yields to round play. Pro or Joe...it's common courtesy.

I don't think Dixon did anything wrong. The OP is just getting his panties in a bunch over nothing. You people are too sensitive...

Too sensitive....Dixon was in the wrong! Was he playing the course.....No........Did he stop when a group came up on that hole?......No . Juju its called common courtesy and for dixon to continue to practice was just ghetto on his part!

as i wouldn't have called the person out by name, it's unfortunate that the OP is taking heat for posting this.

OP, if you are new to forums, this happens a lot. people like conflict in general, especially online. everyone is brave online. if you are not new to online forums, then you're used to this. shrug it off.

back to the topic, i understand what you mean. im still somewhat new to the sport but it still irks me when people are so rude that etiquette isn't even a considered option for them anymore. while every bone in your body wants to get back at them, scream and yell, the best option is always to stay cool and not recipricate.

and even though there are a lot of rude dirt bags out there, the generous and honest players outnumber them 10 fold.

welcome to the dgcr boards.

as i wouldn't have called the person out by name, it's unfortunate that the OP is taking heat for posting this.

OP, if you are new to forums, this happens a lot. people like conflict in general, especially online. everyone is brave online. if you are not new to online forums, then you're used to this. shrug it off.

back to the topic, i understand what you mean. im still somewhat new to the sport but it still irks me when people are so rude that etiquette isn't even a considered option for them anymore. while every bone in your body wants to get back at them, scream and yell, the best option is always to stay cool and not recipricate.

and even though there are a lot of rude dirt bags out there, the generous and honest players outnumber them 10 fold.

welcome to the dgcr boards.

Well, thanks for the understanding on the issue. I am new to the boards, but as in life, I don't say anything I don't mean. I'll back up everything I say. I'll call out by name anything I don't agree with. Let them bash, I've got thick enough skin...

Well, thanks for the understanding on the issue. I am new to the boards, but as in life, I don't say anything I don't mean. I'll back up everything I say. I'll call out by name anything I don't agree with. Let them bash, I've got thick enough skin...

apparently not.

The issue isn't whether it was bad etiquette or not, but how the OP handled it. What you're doing is very childish.

welcome to DGCR :) i think dixon was in the wrong by not letting you guys just play through without stopping. however i do think i would have confronted him before posting his full name on here ... reason because it now turns an ettiquette thread into a bashing thread. i dont think that was your goal when your started the thread :)

Would you be fine with me sending him a message on Facebook with a link to this thread? Since your name is your username, it might make it pretty awkward the next time you see him.

welcome to DGCR :) i think dixon was in the wrong by not letting you guys just play through without stopping. however i do think i would have confronted him before posting his full name on here ... reason because it now turns an ettiquette thread into a bashing thread. i dont think that was your goal when your started the thread :)

True, I guess I might have used bad forum etiquette. I'll try to be more careful...

Would you be fine with me sending him a message on Facebook with a link to this thread? Since your name is your username, it might make it pretty awkward the next time you see him.

Please do!!!! maybe he wont be a D next time!

Status
Not open for further replies.