• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf from Space?

yearofrolling

Eagle Member
If you zoom way in on this: 41.727342, -93.710560
in Google Maps I think you'll see some dudes playing some golf at Walnut in Des Moines.
Is that a blue disc on the fairway?
What do you think?

and if you click here you get a great view of Red Ridge DGC out here. Looks just like a ball golf course from up there ..

If you zoom way in on this: 41.727342, -93.710560
in Google Maps I think you'll see some dudes playing some golf at Walnut in Des Moines.
Is that a blue disc on the fairway?
What do you think?

No.... That's four guys kickin' around a blue kickball out in a field. Too big to be a disc.

45.018578 -93.112153 shows two guys putting out on hole 16 at Acorn, plus other players around the course.

It would almost impossible to take an aerial photo of that course without getting disc golfers in it. There are 36 cars in the parking lot, and this was when it was cold enough so that there were no leaves on the trees.

Yeah, you can definitely see some guys playing on hole 3. Used to live right by this course and i don't think there was anything out in the middle there that would cast any shadows except for players. As far as the blue disc, I think yes. If you compare it to the teepads it doesn't look that big. Also, depending on the (i'll just say quality to spare you the nerd talk) of the photo, it could make the disc look bigger. Also, this is not a view from space...just an airplane. Either way, very cool. I would like to see some other course where you can see people playing.