• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in Hawaii

awesome!
when are you going to review all the HI courses for us?

Dreadlock, there is only 1 permanent course here on Oahu and its a 9 hole on an air force base =(

But I'm going to Maui next week, I'll try and review all of their courses. And I'm going to make a course for on DGCR for this one. Its temp, but its an annual tourney.

There's a new 18 hole course close to the airport in Maui. I was there last month and only 12 holes were done so I didn't play it. The local I talked to said it would be done in July. If you get a chance to play it snap some pics please. Have fun.

Elevated - Nice to hear! I met a bunch of Maui guys in the tournament that are going to show me around. I'll try and take pictures of every hole. And there will be sure to be some reviews.

Hey, I'm heading to Maui in Jan/Feb '13. Is this 18 hole course near the airport still there? I'm reading conflicting information that it was pulled.

I heard it got pulled from a few people that recently where there. Just gonplay poli poli and the beach course is set up on wednesday or saturday. I could find out exactly what day it is.

which island has the most amount of courses on it? me and some buddies were thinking of going out there but when i researched it alot of the courses say they are temporary so im kinda unsure which route to go. if you could shed some light that would be awesome.

thanks

Hey, I'm heading to Maui in Jan/Feb '13. Is this 18 hole course near the airport still there? I'm reading conflicting information that it was pulled.

it was not there in January when I was there.

edit: this is the old one Kapalua adventures or something. they were going to do a new course.

I have family on Oahu and can say they have the most courses. However, most if not all are temp but are played weekly. However, Maui's PoliPoli is BY FAR the best course on the islands. The Big Island also has a couple of great temp courses with a new permanent nine hole too now. I have reviewed a decent amount and plan to complete Oahu in July when I visit my inlaws. I DO know of contacts for both Oahu and the Big Island fyi.

Last edited:
would be nice if someone would add the new Maui courses though.

Well I might be there then too. Bout the best chance we got on dging...

it'll probably be january of 2015, for my 5th anniversary! :)
and maui

I gotta get in touch with someone out there so I can play poli poli. what pisses me off is that if we had gone up there we might have even seen baskets, but we stuck to haleakala and didn't even go up to polipoli.

Hard to see baskets from the road but as you get toward the state park entrance there is a pull off on the left just past where paragliders set up and where bike tours pull over. There is a metal gate and THAT is where to pull in. Beware the wandering cows toward the top as they are LARGE and tend to get in the way.

would be nice if someone would add the new Maui courses though.

It looks like there's an 8 holer in Napili Park listed now. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/browse_map.php?partner=

Is that it? There was supposedly 18 or more holes in Kapalua adventures, but I think it's been pulled now? And the 18 by the airport? Is that real? What about the temp beach one?

I'm heading back in Feb. and would love to get out and throw. I don't know if I'll be able to squeeze in a trip back up to Poli this time, but I sure would love to if it works out. I'll be staying in Kaanapali so I'll check out the 8 holer in Napili and I could definitely swing a round near the airport if that course exists.

Anyone have any intel?

Latest posts