• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in Hawaii

My brother took pictures of this course when he did his training trip a few days ago. It's an object course on the university of Hawaii...nothing spectacular by any means.

Me and a few other military guys have set up a pretty sweet temp course on Hickam AirForce base at Pearl Harbor. We have 18+ holes and play on Saturdays. Search for Fort Kamehameha DGC in the course search area. My contact info is there. I listed the course as permanent so people could find it easier. I plan on taking more pictures next time out.

Dave Combs

^ Yeah David, I WILL be there in July to play DG w/ you on that temp course. Looking forward to it! Also hope to play the obstacle mountain course when the locals do on Fridays above UH. Good times!

It looks like there's an 8 holer in Napili Park listed now. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/browse_map.php?partner=

Is that it? There was supposedly 18 or more holes in Kapalua adventures, but I think it's been pulled now? And the 18 by the airport? Is that real? What about the temp beach one?

I'm heading back in Feb. and would love to get out and throw. I don't know if I'll be able to squeeze in a trip back up to Poli this time, but I sure would love to if it works out. I'll be staying in Kaanapali so I'll check out the 8 holer in Napili and I could definitely swing a round near the airport if that course exists.

Anyone have any intel?

Awesome! Keep us updated and add anything you can to this site as the Hawaiian DGers tend to keep their courses a secret until us mainlanders come and play and list it on here. :D

Awesome! Keep us updated and add anything you can to this site as the Hawaiian DGers tend to keep their courses a secret until us mainlanders come and play and list it on here. :D

I talked via email with the guy who showed me around Poli last time and he sent me directions to a park course there. I assume this is the 18 holer by the airport. Kahului Community Park. http://binged.it/RHArzQ

Will try and check it out as well as the 8 hole one and get a bit more info up here.

David combs, I emailed you about playing this course tomorrow possibly. Looking forward to it.

I talked via email with the guy who showed me around Poli last time and he sent me directions to a park course there. I assume this is the 18 holer by the airport. Kahului Community Park. http://binged.it/RHArzQ

Will try and check it out as well as the 8 hole one and get a bit more info up here.

Played all three courses that I know about on Maui last week. I was going to add the Kahului course to the database but someone else did it for me while I was there.

The 8 hole course is just a pitch and putt but does make for a nice distraction from lounging on the beach and can be made more challenging if you play safari golf as long as the park is empty.

The Kahului course was a better challenge for sure. Unfortunately I didn't have a guide and was using an outdated map so navigation was tough for the back 9. It's a nice 18 hole option if you don't have time to drive up the mountain, but it's not a destination course. Looks like it's early days still and improvements are being made, and trowing discs in Maui is great so... :thmbup:

The Poli Poli course though is worth the effort to get to. Didn't have a guide this time and managed to navigate the 18 holes I know about well enough. Fun times in a beautiful setting and plenty of challenge with uphill/downhill, gullies, trees and risk/reward pin placement. Course is well looked after and a must play if you're on the island.

Took some pictures of all 3 that I'll try and upload soon. Just have to re-size them first.

I want one on the North Coast of Kauai since I love to Vacation there, but it seems there aren't any, at least any that the public knows about.

I kept throwing a putter outside the Dolphin in Hanalei while I was waiting for lunch or for my wife to buy fish, and it ended up in reeds by the Hanalei river. Probably exactly why there are no Disc Golf courses in Kauai :p

^ Yeah, that is the one island that would be perfect! The garden island...how could you go wrong. Kepp updating the courses everyone! Nice work.

I will be going to Maui in May where is the poli poli course? Is the 8 hole worth checking out??

I will be going to Maui in May where is the poli poli course? Is the 8 hole worth checking out??

You should hit up the email on this site: mauidga.org

Email ahead of time and he'll be happy to fill you in with info for when you're going to be on the island. You really should have a local guide for your first trip through.

The 8 hole is only worth checking out if you're staying nearby and are itching to throw plastic. It was a 10 min. drive for me and was worth it because.... disc golf in maui! :)

I had a guide show me the way to Poli Poli. Its the same field a lot of paragliders use to take off. Well worth the effort of finding directions.

Pardon my language, but **** that guy! At least there's video of it so hopefully the proper people can hold him responsible for fixing it.

Just saw this on facebook.

Boo dickhead!
Dude must have thought twice about the video- it's been removed.

On another note- I'm going to be on Hawaii island in about 4 weeks- anybody have any recommendations? The plan now is to hit Hilo Coffee Mill for sure. I'd like to play Mackenzie and Wailoa as well if I can set up with a local guide.

Look at my review for Wailoa and you should also be able to meet up with locals for Mackenzie. As for Hilo Coffee Mill, I believe you can play without a guide. Good luck and PM me if you need a contact there.

Dude must have thought twice about the video- it's been removed.

On another note- I'm going to be on Hawaii island in about 4 weeks- anybody have any recommendations? The plan now is to hit Hilo Coffee Mill for sure. I'd like to play Mackenzie and Wailoa as well if I can set up with a local guide.

I played Coffee Mill in January with Mason - I think he's BigKahuna - a course guide. Didn't necessarily need a guide but it helped. Great coffee, and disc golf on real baskets on the Big Island was awesome. Course is fun, nothing spectacular, very picturesque. Played Mackenzie a few years back with locals - cool park, nice cliffs, but throwing from dirt at "that tree over there, the one with the funny branch" never did much for me.