• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in Ireland? Maybe with your help!

Lokiloo

Hi there. Those of you who know me may remember I spent a few years a while back trying to introduce disc golf to Ireland (my home country). Now an ex pro from San Diego who lives in Ireland has taken up the baton. If anybody has a minute to help please click on the facebook page and like them. The more likes they get (they only have about 300 right now) the easier it will be for them to persuade the powers that be to get a course in.
There are also some beautiful photos and a few videos that really show off the beauty of the country and how ideal it would be for disc golf.
Here is a link to the facebook page. Thank you all in advance for the help.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Disc-G...ed_target_id=0

The link did not work . . . I am all for it so when I go visit in the next 2 years I can play

Bump for a beautiful country. Hope they approve a course there! :thmbup: 'Liked'

Hope it works out for ya, brother. I've never been to Ireland, but I lived in West Yorkshire for three years (don't hold it against me! ;)). Living over there was quite an experience.

Keep us posted on the course's status!

324 and counting. We have some land in WI that is very similar to the countryside in ireland. It will be on display for the 2017 US Open at Erin Hills in Erin, WI. I would love to see a new disc golf course in Erin that is on par with the ball golf course (minus the $200 green fee).

Thanks to everybody who has liked the page so far. In 2 days we have upped the likes to 340 (from 293 before I posted here). It may not sound like a lot but remember 1000 likes in Ireland is the equivalent of 80,000 in the USA. (1000 is the goal).

Please help pass the word. Feel free to share the page on Facebook and ask your friends to like it. Collectively this small gesture could ultimately be the catalyst to get Ireland's first permanent course in the ground and anybody who likes the page will have played a small part.

In years to come you will be able to look at disc golf in Ireland and say, "I did my part". :D

:clap::clap::thmbup::thmbup:

Liked :thmbup: I hope you guys can get a course in there. All the photos are awesome. Keep up the good work.

After this post and a couple of "links" from two high profile disc golfers (think current and past world champions) the DISC GOLF IRELAND Facebook page has roared past 1000 likes (close to 1200)!!!

Thank you all so much. We are looking into the Marco Polo program as well as PDGA innovation grant and next week there's a meeting with a Park superintendent to pitch a course idea.

If you haven't liked the page and you have a minute please do so. Feel free to "share and link" the page too.

Latest posts