• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in Minnetonka/Eden Prairie MN

Dest

Bogey Member
I will be working in Minnetonka, MN the next 2 weeks.

2/13-2/16
and
2/20-2/23

I am trying to play some time after 5-6 with some people from MN. If anyone is interested please let me know as its my last chance to play up here and I really want to get out.

I teach weekdays, so I am out.

However, the 20th is a holiday. I am putting in several hours at GGGT instead, but I cannot play as late as 5-6. I could be out 3 but would have to wrap up by 5.

However, every Wednesday is Westside Wednesday League. It is just like any other league and often tees off around 6:15pm. It would be a night round, so keep that in mind.

League is at Starring Lake Park on Wed, 2/22. Sign up by 6pm, tee off at 6:15ish. Two rounds of 9 holes, usually plays pretty quick.

League is at Starring Lake Park on Wed, 2/22. Sign up by 6pm, tee off at 6:15ish. Two rounds of 9 holes, usually plays pretty quick.

Any costs? And will this play into a night round or is over by the time its too dark?

$5 entry with $1 going to the ace pool. There is also an optional $1 sidebet CTP. It is dark when we start so make sure to have your lights on and ready to go at 6.

I dont have night gear so maybe I will try to get out around 5 one day and just play a quick one.

What time does Staring usually wrap up? Plymouth usually falls on Cub Scout night and the last time I played Central I did not get home until 9:30 (did not tee off until almost 6:45 and it was three rounds of 9). My wife was a little pissed with that because I would have to go straight from school to the course in order to make the tee time.

You will be within a disc's throw of GGGT. They have lights for sale.

So what all would I need to buy, I do not have any glows discs that I throw.

Should I grab maybe a glow driver/putter and just use that?

I really just want to play in MN I don't care how well I play :)

What time does Staring usually wrap up? Plymouth usually falls on Cub Scout night and the last time I played Central I did not get home until 9:30 (did not tee off until almost 6:45 and it was three rounds of 9). My wife was a little pissed with that because I would have to go straight from school to the course in order to make the tee time.

Starring usually gets done at about 8:30. Central start time is actually 6:30 since it is farther for most regulars. Not sure why they play three rounds at that course.

So what all would I need to buy, I do not have any glows discs that I throw.

Should I grab maybe a glow driver/putter and just use that?

I really just want to play in MN I don't care how well I play :)

If you have champ/somewhat clear disc's just get a few lights. A glow Buzzz would be really all you would need for that course. Only a few holes over 350'

Most people just tape a small light onto their disc(s). You don't need to buy any glow plastic, just a few lights and some tape. You should probably check out gotta go gotta throw while you're here since you'll be so close.

http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/throwlite-disc-golf-lite-p-2388.html

Most people just use these. The battery lasts a long time but can be replaced if need be. Before you play take some clear duct tape or heavy duty packing tape, anything that is not textured that way it gets a clean and solid seal on the disc, and tape it to a clear Champion, Z, Opto type of disc.

GGGT has many X-Outs in that plastic if you did not bring one of your own.

Starring usually gets done at about 8:30. Central start time is actually 6:30 since it is farther for most regulars. Not sure why they play three rounds at that course.

You know, my faulty short term memory must have been playing tricks on me. Now that I think of it, it was only two rounds. I do not know why I was stuck on three.

Regardless, it was a later start than anticipated and ended much later than I had hoped for a course only a few minutes from my house.

I would love to Plymouth in the dark, but as I said earlier, it almost always falls on Cub Scout night.

Bobber lights at any sports store or wal mart work great. They usually last longer than the disc golf specific lights.

Sounds good I will probably just grab a couple lights and bring a champ leo, a z buzzz and a champ aviar.

Sounds good I will probably just grab a couple lights and bring a champ leo, a z buzzz and a champ aviar.

Sounds like a winning combination to me. The course: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=764 is rather short and open, but the big obstacle is elevation change. While this elevation change may seem drastic, again they are short holes where you can get away with putters and mids. There are plenty of trees but most shape the fairway and are not in the fairway. You will have plenty of room to work with if you have some accuracy. If and when you need a driver, the Leo is a good choice.

Latest posts