• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in Rock Ridge Park, Pittsboro, NC

nice work on 5 and getting all the collars in -- all baskets will probably be in in a week or so... we may need some temp signs to get people around like between 5->6 6->7 9->10 12->13 17->18

Needs lots of traffic --- anyone planning on playing all 18 with a few people plan on a 3hr game, not too many short holes.

My guess is we won't be the baskets in on 16 and 17 for a little while yet. They are still pretty rough. Everything else is close. We just need some time to get it done. Unless, the old, retired guy is going to go install them while everybody else is at work????? :popcorn:

Rumor has it that baskets 13-15 went in this week!!!!

That just leaves 16-18. 18 is ready and will probably go in pretty quickly. 16 and 17 still need some work so we'll just have to deal with 16 holes for a bit.

I sure hope Mr. Houck like the hanging baskets and the one on the 15' pole. :p

Basket for 18 is on. I walked 1-9 and trimmed some high branches today before the rains came. Hope to get to 10-18 next week.

HOLY CRAP!!!! 18 baskets in the ground in Pittsboro. 16 and 17 are still very raw, but everything else is pretty playable. Not done or perefect, but ready for traffic. Please go play. Then go drink beer at City Tap or Carolina Brewery. It makes a nice day.

And here's a challenge for you losers. I now own the Rock Ridge Course Record of 73!!! Beat that you punks. :p

Well, there are 17 more to go. Keep at it. Unless it is too much for you.

Plus, even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while. Congrats on your day!

10 starts back across the street behind 1s pad, the fairway goes down the hill

7 is the tough one to find.

No maps yet. Mr Houck has measured and mapped everything so eventually there will be some signs. For now use the follow the paths and search method. Or PM me and we'll see if I can meet you out there to guide.

Yeah the walk from 9 to 10 is a little different. :\

Let me know when the radiation can do without you. I'm usually around. And I have discs for you to check out. :hfive:

King Griplock and I played there yesterday. It definitely needs some next tee clues on a few transitions. 6 to 7 is tough because the sidewalk forks at the end of the path (take the right fork I think). 9 to 10 obviously. 12 to 13 for some reason is confusing because 13's tee is not in view and a path leads the opposite direction away (not sure if those were the right holes, the hole that's hard to locate is the one that is due right if you're facing the basket, the tee is fighting a losing battle with vines though I clipped a few away and the hole plays slightly uphill with almost 3 fairways). Very not intuitive is that one hole that you have to walk back down the fairway and play pretty much the opposite direction of the previous hole (15 to 16 I think? 15 being the one with the slightly elevated basket on the stone circle). 17 and 18 are extremely tough to find. I still don't know how to find 18 after 17, I just remembered where 18's basket was after seeing it when finishing hole 9.

But let me tell yah, I'm getting seriously good feelings about this course. It's just tees and traffic away from being a 4 easily and there may be potential for a 5 from me. I loved all the split fairways and hole 7 really tickled my fancy.

I've got little stickers meant to go on the basket poles that say "Next Tee" with an arrow...would those be helpful at all? Or does it need something bigger?

i'll make some temp direction signs and bring them out there this week

Let's not paint/sticker/mark the baskets unless Jeff Baldwin gives the OK -- he's running the show out there -- some temp arrows/ribbons/signs on trees and path clearing between hard to find holes will be done in the next couple weeks.

still a work in progress, give it time...

well if you go out there and there is a temp sign with an arrow on it pointing to where you should go you can call the police on me.

read it again .. a little slower this time... let not paint or mark the "BASKETS" --- put up all the stuff you want on trees etc....

New013, thanks for the help. Just let us know when you are going and we'll make sure someone meets you out there to help, and make sure we get the signs in all the right spots. Any and all help is appreciated. I'll be around most of the time tomorrow. Tues is Mrs Sloppy's B'day so I may not have a lot of time to meet you out there. Wed-Fri let me know and I can try to get Jeff or Noah to meet you since they are both local. I'd send disc_combobulated to help you, but that might set you back a few hours. And he'll just lock his keys in the car or something anyway. :p

Yes, it is a work in progress, but it isn't too far away from being nice and playable. The walk behind trimmer is supposed to be put there soon, and our little crew is going to try and clean up the last few big projects(16 & 17), as well as some newly marked and small stuff.

Latest posts