• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in Rock Ridge Park, Pittsboro, NC

I've got little stickers meant to go on the basket poles that say "Next Tee" with an arrow...would those be helpful at all? Or does it need something bigger?

Probably not. We've got some long transitions and backtracking out there. The arrow could be pointing toward the next basket and the path could be a ways away. We could just put some temporary arrows on trees to get by until we're at the stage where pads, signs and final touches are in.

calm down DC.. just kidding man. everybody is all serious on here lately.

probably going out there tuesday, if nobody can meet me i'll just make a bunch of arrows and leave them somewhere and you guys can stick them up.

it's probably also a good idea that somebody more involved with the course let's timg know if the course gets put up on here that he doesn't allow anyone to review it until it's more polished.

What time you thinking of heading out? I have to be home around 4 and later, but I could sneak out there for a while during the day.

It didn't come up in a search so we should be cool. Yes, there shouldn't be any reviews yet. A few tee pad placements aren't even done yet, and there is a couple tweaks that Mr. Houck wants to make. I'll double check to make sure it isn't listed yet.

Last edited:
Not sure, I'm on the other guys schedule and he's a super hippy.

Putting the arrows the wrong way would be hilarious.

It looks like you may need a canoe if you head over there tomorrow. You may want to just give them to disc_combobulated or myslef sometime, and we'll do it. It is going to be pretty soggy in spots, and the little creeks are probably overflowing. Not a great time to wander around out there. :thmbdown:

yea i just had a chat with my buddy and we're going out there wednesday morning now

Yeah, just some pink flags or something on trees to follow to the next hole would be a big help.

If we tell all you guys where to go then it won't be our private course anymore dammit. :p

If we tell all you guys where to go then it won't be our private course anymore dammit. :p

Catch 22. You either make the course easier to navigate so the saplings get trodden or you start using a goat for a caddy. :|

i can totally get a goat out there, i know where some goats are.

though goats are hard as hell to catch.. don't ask me how i know that. that story involves illegal actions.

Letting goats, chickens and/or cattle loose in the woods has already been discussed. Don't be surprised by whatever you may see out there.

Ok, now we just need to start a collection. I'm in for $20. Let's do it. New013 is in charge due to his experience and possibly expretise in goats. I'll bring the beer, and we can can have a cookout while the goats do their thing

Seriously, ask if this is possible. Its like $8 a goat per day from what I gather.

Ok, I'll run it by the crew. It seems environmentally friendly to me so not sure what Paul in the parks Dept would object to. I'll let you know.

I'm sure we could get some guys in to it, everybody rents a couple goats and hangs out.

Latest posts