• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in Rock Ridge Park, Pittsboro, NC

That's OK. Am pretty sure goats support gay marriage.

Good news. The park department guy has a chipper lined up to create some beautiful mulch out of out piles of brush, wood and sticks. Not sure how manybholes he can reach, but 7 and 17 are the first targets. And I think he could get the piles near the lot on 1 and 18 also.

Still working on Project Goat. There is some scepticism, but making progress. Selling the environmentally friendly aspect as opposed to Round Up, and the fund raising power after the video of us keeping them on the fairways hits YouTube.

what's up with that tiny little tree right smack dab in the middle of 17's pad....

seriously...

also i lost my green qjls off to the left of 15 (i think 15 it's the straight par 3). i hit that bent tree in the middle and kicked 30-50' left. there's so much green over there we couldn't find it.

Well, if you actualy found 17's pad at this point you are good. We have a lot of work to do there. Specifically the tee area has a lot of cutting and refing to be done. And since we had Mother's Day and Mrs Sloppy's B'day, I haven't done anything in a week and a half! Sorry

And, yeah, 15 is an area where Jeff mentioned we need a full day of the walk behond trimmer. It is really overgrown. Chances are we'll find your qjls. And it will only cost you one goat to get it back. :p

Got back out to do a little work today, and damn I have some great news. The Pittsboro Parks Dept has stepped up, and hired a professional trail builder to come in and create some nice, firm, stump free tee areas. He is already about half way done, and the ones he's finished are great. Nice big, flat, level areas to throw from. There is also some bridges in the early stages of construction in a couple spots. Some holes dug, and footings poured thanks to another volunteer.

I cleaned up almost everything on 12 today including a tree that came down a few weeks ago. Was almost done, and the chain saw simply died. It did not sound good. So 12 is close to perfect, but there is 1 tree that needs to come down, and 1 that is down and needs to be cut up and dragged.

Yea finding 17 is a doosie, but finding 18 was harder. I didn't know if that little tree guy was supposed to be right there in the tee or not.

Did you ask about our goat proposal? I really want that to happen. I might be able to get out there next week and help out, what day would be good? I'll try to fashoin up some signs to put up as well.

I will be out of town for about 2 weeks. There are fish to catch and beers to drink up North!

PM me your cell phone number, and I'll have Noah Becker get a hold of you. Him and Jeff Baldwin are the two that are local Pittsboro guys leading the charge. They normally go out Sunday mornings at 9. They'd love to have some extra help. 16. And 17 still need a lot of work, but everything else is in the home stretch. You could also get a hold of Royal. He usually gets put there once a week or so.

Got back out to do a little work today, and damn I have some great news. The Pittsboro Parks Dept has stepped up, and hired a professional trail builder to come in and create some nice, firm, stump free tee areas. He is already about half way done, and the ones he's finished are great. Nice big, flat, level areas to throw from. There is also some bridges in the early stages of construction in a couple spots. Some holes dug, and footings poured thanks to another volunteer.

Out of curiosity, do you know the name f the guy they hired?

No, but I could get it for you. He may be out again today. I think it was "????? Trails". He's been building some trails around a small lake in Pittsboro too.

Ok, I managed to get the chainsaw working and got back out today. 12 and 13 are basically done. Everything is cleaned up and looking really good. We may need to trim a few branches on the approach to 12, but that's it.

I also spent a ton of time on 14. Got all the piles dragged put of the landing zones off the tee. Cleared some piles that were laying around also. Then started cutting all the newly marked trees about halfway down the fairway to the basket. Ran out of gas before getting it all done, but there is a new nice tight gap taking shape up the right side. IMO 14 is one of the better holes out there. IF you can play clean off the tee. :D

Now the BAD news...

The tics are really bad out there. I forgot to put on my bug spray and paid the price. It looked like I bathed in the little bastards. Make sure you use something to keep them at bay. I had none yesterday when using Cutter, and today I was coated in them. Make sure you check yourself well when you get home.

I'm out of town for a few weeks, but will give any updates I get from Jeff and Noah.

Now in addition to the goats you need some guineas out there to clean up all the ticks. :D

I haven't gotten an answer on the great goat plan. I don't think the plan is being taken seriously. I'll bring it up again this week. We really need to make this happen.

Ok, New013 and brotherdave!!! We have clearance from the tower. Pittsboro Parks has given me the Ok to plan a goat outing. Once we get it put together they will even free up some funds for the operation. I am out of town for a few weeks, but when I return let's make this happen. I might even be willing to host the post-goat cookout at my place afterwards. There is lots of blueberry and grape vine out there so the goats should be happy. :D

Ok, New013 and brotherdave!!! We have clearance from the tower. Pittsboro Parks has given me the Ok to plan a goat outing. Once we get it put together they will even free up some funds for the operation. I am out of town for a few weeks, but when I return let's make this happen. I might even be willing to host the post-goat cookout at my place afterwards. There is lots of blueberry and grape vine out there so the goats should be happy. :D

Are you going to cook the goat at your cookout?

Possibly. But I have never smoked any goat. I might be better off sticking with wings, ribs or something more familiar.

Possibly. But I have never smoked any goat. I might be better off sticking with wings, ribs or something more familiar.

Find some Greeks. They will be happy to loan you a spit and let you know how to use it. They're all about eating some goat

Finally got out there today and played it. Obviously it's not ready yet, but what has been done is fantastic! For a course with no signs and no navigation, it was very easy to get around. Finding 1 was the hardest part! haha.

Played all longs - shot 62.

Is 10 a par 4 or 5? Other than that, I thought each par was pretty straight forward (66 with it as a 5, 65 as a 4).

Had 3 dueces, which was nice (4, 8 and 11).

Looking forward to seeing it in a few years. This should finally be the first championship course in the triangle and it's about time!!!

Looking forward to seeing this course when it is finished. I spend time in the area often and it is always good to hear about a new course in NC.

Latest posts