• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in the Grand Caymans?

six30two

does anyone know if there is a disc golf course in the Grand Caymans? I'm headed there for a week and thought that it would be cool to throw there.

let me know and thanks!

Ken

I am not sure about at the Grand Canyon but Flagstaff, AZ is about an hour or so away with a couple nice courses

I am not sure about at the Grand Canyon but Flagstaff, AZ is about an hour or so away with a couple nice courses

LMAO!!!

Just take some putters and midranges....the beach is always a great spot to play frolf

Yeah. Wow. I hope that was a joke about the Grand Canyon. All kidding aside, I don't think there is a dg course in the Grand Caymans, but Flagstaff AZ is a disc golf town with a bunch of courses.

Oh crap. I don't read well. The caymans are beautiful. Been there a couple times. Rum point and stingray city are musts.

Pretty sure not because when the Disc Golf cruise occurs they set up a temp on Half Moon Cay and I believe that said that is the only "course" around. Otherwise I am pretty sure they would just find a cruise with a port call on an island with a course.

Great feedback. I see this is a high quality forum with helpful members.

Yes, high quality forum, and a high quality "map" feature on the site that shows every course in the directory, including international courses on a Google map.

Did you see a course on the map anywhere in grand cayman?

Welcome to the site

No course that I could find. BTW - don't even bother to take discs, the beaches typically are nothing but coral. If there's sand there will too many people to safely throw, especially on the west coast near Georgetown.

There is no DG on Grand Cayman, they don't even sell discs at the only sports store I found. Since my wife had to spend her mornings in class I found a few places to throw, the rugby field was OK, but probably too small for most of you, the cricket field was larger and pretty cool throwing with Intl flights landing right over your head!
The best turned out to be the Field of Dreams, the Cayman islands LL Baseball fields. I asked the maintenance guy there if he minded, and he said sure, go wherever you want. Made a 9 hole safari course, using fair poles, dugouts, light poles and the playground. The fields were artificial turf, so it worked out pretty well.
That would be my best suggestions for anyone else headed to the Caymans.

Yes, high quality forum, and a high quality "map" feature on the site that shows every course in the directory, including international courses on a Google map.

Did you see a course on the map anywhere in grand cayman?

Welcome to the site

To the OP:

Seriously, look around and I'm sure you can find a way to search for courses instead of talking trash and looking like a joker :\

I think anyone who's responded to this thread today needs to look at the date of the OP's post. Pretty sure he's stateside once again. Maybe we can ask him if he found a course there.

I think anyone who's responded to this thread today needs to look at the date of the OP's post. Pretty sure he's stateside once again. Maybe we can ask him if he found a course there.

I'm sure he didn't. That's why I replied to this thread today, in case anyone else is headed to Grand Cayman (and searches on the forums), I was there in April and DG is nonexistent there.

I just wanted to give anyone else headed to the islands a few tips on where they could go throw.

Just do what I did, take a single disc to the beach in the mornings and throw in the sand while you walk down the beach. At the end of the trip bomb that sucker as far into the ocean as you can.