• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf Job in my email, sure many of you got it too.

unfortunately I think the money is not there, they will be able to find someone who will work harder for less. but I am curious what it is.

I'm sure the only people who are going to learn the salary is the few that make it to the interview stage and at that point, it's too late and the bus has pulled out of the station.

If you want to know, throw your hat into the ring. What's the worst that could happen? They offer the job and you deny it?

They are not posting a salary because the offer will vary depending on the qualifications of the person chosen.

It is a NONPROFIT org. so the pay might not be so great.

If I was qualified, I would have applied for this the instant I got that email, I would love to have a job that was disc golf related.

Just so everyone knows, having a job in your passion is not always as good as it sounds. You need to be able to check out and still enjoy your passion for the sport outside of work, once you cannot do that you better leave the job or your passion will be killed.

I did it for about 10 years int he golf world and am glad I got out when I did so I can still enjoy the sport. You would think I learned my lesson and that would keep me from wanting a disc golf job, but I am still interested in getting into design/install of courses and course maintenance.

Gentry rarely plays any more, even recreationally, since he first became Tour Director, even with three courses outside his window.

Big difference in a 9-5 job as an employee versus a contractor working from home whose duties include checking out and tweaking courses for PDGA majors plus reviewing courses and commenting on my travels. Gotta play them to know what players will experience, including in competition, not that I mind doing it.

Well, the tax return for the office staff at PDGA last year was fairly substantial. It might pay more than you realize. It just seems like a HUGE job! I can't believe someone was doing that plus IT stuff before.

Latest posts