• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Karma?

Do you believe in disc golf karma?

• Yes, karma is real!

Votes: 79 65.8%
  • No, karma is bunk!

Votes: 41 34.2%

• Total voters

blur

Par Member
Do you believe in it? Does it give you better disc golf luck? Does it make you better? give you aces?

Or is it just a buncha' crap and works as well as those copper bands that (don't) help with arthritis?

I do know if you keep someone's disc and they find you they get REALLY mad. Sounds like bad karma to me.

All I know is I have called every # I find on discs. I return discs if I can track down the owner. I also find way more discs than all the guys I play with. 90 percent have no tags of any sort. Thank you DG Karma.

Do I believe in some mystical force.....no. Do I act nice so people with be nice to me? Yes!

I believe that good things will come to you if you do good things for others, so yes, karma is real.

people that believe in karma are the same people that believe the word "nice" affects the flight of a disc.

i'd also lump in the people that think "so and so had the game of their life because they were playing me"

Some people find it easier to blame a cosmic force for the problems in their life rather than blame themselves or find fault with their actions.

I believe in it. My husband lost his favorite disc one day, and while searching found 4 random ones in the brush, 3 without numbers, 1 with. He loved the one with a number but I convinced him to return it and buy one for himself and he did about a week later. A few days after that I got a call (my number goes on all our discs) and someone found his that he lost :)

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny.

Karma or not, I find this interesting: about three months ago, I found a disc on a local course, but it had no ink on it at all. I posted here and on the local club site to see if anyone could identify/claim it, but no one did. So, less than two weeks ago, I put it up as a choice on the VIP Pay It Forward thread, and it wound up switching places with a disc I lost a week after receiving it. I play dozens of local courses, but just realized I lost the switched disc (in the water on hole 8) less than 200 feet from where I found the first one (in the woods on hole 17, of the same course)! :\

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny.

QFT!

Latest posts