• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf//Leauge//Fun

Huntr

Hello everyone, within the last year or so our town has put a small 9 hole par 27 disc golf course into our local park. It has been an AMAZING thing for the town as i see many many people out playing all the time and have gotten to know quite a large ammount of people just by playing every day for hours.

But back on topic, i'v really wanted to start up some kind of "Leauge" or whatever you would call it, basicly so the community can know more about disc golf and just see how awesome it is, the only problem is i do not know where to start.

People i would like to reach out too:
-Community (just your average day person that loves to play disc golf)
-Churches/Companies (General Electric has a group of employes that already go over and have played in there own litle tournament ect. and churches have little groups that play once a week)

Basicly i just want to have a big get together like 3 times a week where we can keep track of everyones scores, (i would personally work on that via Excl)
and just give people a chance to get to know one another from our community and just get together and have a great time playing disc.

So basicly i'm just looking for some advice about this, where i should start, where i should look, who i should contact (i'm going to write a letter to discraft and see what they could do to help us out)

Thanks for reading and i hope i can get some great responces from the comunity, as i am looing forward to being apart of this Forum Community.

Thanks

(excuse my bad spelling and bad grammar)

Welcome there is a thread about starting leagues here somewhere so i'd use the search function. Good luck with setting it up. If i've understood it correctly after the initial bureaucracy is sorted out things go smoothly if only one person handles things and in most cases in cases of growth more people will be involved and often you get people who can't pull in the same direction and the fun and games begin.

JR said:
Welcome there is a thread about starting leagues here somewhere so i'd use the search function. Good luck with setting it up. If i've understood it correctly after the initial bureaucracy is sorted out things go smoothly if only one person handles things and in most cases in cases of growth more people will be involved and often you get people who can't pull in the same direction and the fun and games begin.

Its wierd because im not sure what exactly i want to do but yet i do..i'v been trying to get ahold of one of the guys who started the course, because i feel like thats the best place to start about talking with him about starting it within the town. I have spoken to him before about it but i said i had no idea how to run it so it was kind of pushed away, now, i really want to do this :p

I found a very dead thread about starting a league. I know that somewhere people linked good ideas about how to run leagues. IIRC some suggestions are available from PDGA so you could search there and you could PM Chuck Kennedy here i'm sure he has lots of knowledge on the subject serving for a long time at PDGA.

I haven't done it but there is a club where I live that does it every Tuesday night. There are a's and b's. I think the way a disc golf night evolves is mostly word of mouth. I imagine the one by me got started with a bunch of friends getting together on a particular night of the week to compete with one another. The one I go to costs 8 bucks. Good luck. Start a facebook organization, set up flyers, get a webpage, keep track of people's scores offer prizes, a few suggestions. One other one, the tournaments I have gone to usually have some sort of putt contest at the end and a pot for certain # of birdies or an ace. The putt thing works like this, a circumfrence is drawn around a basket and those that can get it in get to keep putting until there is only one winner

Disc Golf Thought, Technique, and Psychology

Latest posts