• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf on BBC - Why disc golf is proving popular in Britain's parks

Hi Moose33,

Nice to hear someone out there is reading our feed! Thought you might like to know we've almost got a complete course! 18 baskets are in, all the concrete tees are laid, 58 new trees planted. We're just missing signage and the course is a mud bath at the moment due to the construction vehicles churning it up (and some epic rain this winter).

We're quite a flat space in Manchester unfortunately but the tradeoff is we're about two miles from the city centre! We're looking forward to doing a full launch this Spring.

Hope to show you around one day!

Steve

Always love hearing about new courses going in. I know how long & strenuous the entire process can be and its a testament to the human spirit, as much as anything else, to finally see the final results of all your time and hard work. Congrats.

As for your course, I love that it's so close to the heart of such a big city, like Manchester. I've always said that installing courses in or near major urban cities (like your course) would be the best investment that the people who want to grow the sport could make.

So what's the official name of your new course in Manchester?

Hi Moose33,

Nice to hear someone out there is reading our feed! Thought you might like to know we've almost got a complete course! 18 baskets are in, all the concrete tees are laid, 58 new trees planted. We're just missing signage and the course is a mud bath at the moment due to the construction vehicles churning it up (and some epic rain this winter).

We're quite a flat space in Manchester unfortunately but the tradeoff is we're about two miles from the city centre! We're looking forward to doing a full launch this Spring.

Hope to show you around one day!

Steve

I would love that Steve, I'm hoping my wife and I can visit her old football mates in Bolton and will be sure to get in contact if we make it.

Very happy to hear you have gotten a full 18 and if there is anything I can do to help from afar feel free to reach out!

It's weird that there's only 15 courses in the UK while we got 100 here in Norway

Weird, and like all good journalism totally untrue....

around 50 courses (admittedly some really **** ones) and a lot more going in yearly. Would expect 100 courses in the ground in the next five or so years. That BBC piece has certainly helped raise awareness and was the second Mike Bushell did on the sport, first one was at Croydon about 6 years ago.

There are some excellent courses here. Whitcombe is a phenomenal place to play. Quarry Park is a beautifully maintained technical challenge to any level of player. Croydon is a solid 18 hole challenge, Bedworth, Mendips, Flyers, Manchester, Burnlaw, Mull, Reboot, Myerscough, Essex all good 18 or more hole courses. Then honourable mentions for Ashton court and Shrewsbury as slightly less than 18 but good holes all the same. Up North in Scotland there has been a recent explosion, I can't attest to the quality of the courses beyond Reboot, but i've heard good things. http://bdga.org.uk/uk-course-directory doesn't list them all but has most of the major ones on there. I'm expecting the Midlands area to have a proliferation of courses soon based around the Quarry Park hub. I am aware of at least 5 new courses going in next year and expecting it to be a lot more than this.

around 50 courses (admittedly some really **** ones) and a lot more going in yearly.
If this is the case, we really need some UK players to add the missing ones to the directory.

^^ this! Although DGCR shows 37 in the UK.

That's probably about right - the others wouldn't be worth adding, tiny little putting greens or private courses no one else can play.

That's probably about right - the others wouldn't be worth adding, tiny little putting greens or private courses no one else can play.

Loch Tay Highland Lodges has a legit 18 hole course that hasn't been added to DGCR.

around 50 courses (admittedly some really **** ones) and a lot more going in yearly. Would expect 100 courses in the ground in the next five or so years. That BBC piece has certainly helped raise awareness and was the second Mike Bushell did on the sport, first one was at Croydon about 6 years ago.

There are some excellent courses here. Whitcombe is a phenomenal place to play. Quarry Park is a beautifully maintained technical challenge to any level of player. Croydon is a solid 18 hole challenge, Bedworth, Mendips, Flyers, Manchester, Burnlaw, Mull, Reboot, Myerscough, Essex all good 18 or more hole courses. Then honourable mentions for Ashton court and Shrewsbury as slightly less than 18 but good holes all the same. Up North in Scotland there has been a recent explosion, I can't attest to the quality of the courses beyond Reboot, but i've heard good things. http://bdga.org.uk/uk-course-directory doesn't list them all but has most of the major ones on there. I'm expecting the Midlands area to have a proliferation of courses soon based around the Quarry Park hub. I am aware of at least 5 new courses going in next year and expecting it to be a lot more than this.

Get busy with it... :D

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_add.php?

Latest posts