• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf on ESPN Top 10 Plays again...

What makes me think they've got a clue is the way after he says "Long thrower" the other guy backs him up with the emphasis "LONG." - that part didn't feel scripted. Coulda been. But it felt awkward enough to be real.
That was just a Caddyshack reference.

Big hitter, the Lama - long....

I guess our man in Bristol did it again yesterday. Apparently McBeth's trick shot that he posted yesterday from the Czech Rep was on last night's Top 10 Plays. Not bad, not bad.

Not 100% sure, but I think it is Tony Cornheiser(prob spelled wrong) I have always thought that the member ESPNNEWS is Tony. If espnnews is someone else, then it might be that person. just a hunch, which could be wrong.:\

Only disc golfers would whine that the national air time that the sport just got wasn't the best one.... I think a great contest would be to give a basketball player a ball, and a, what did Ted Cruz call it, oh yeah, a ring, at the same distance and see who makes the most points.

Hey disc golf made ESPN again.............PISS.
McBeth made a shot from his bedroom window.........MOAN.

piss & moan....piss & moan.

Sports on TV are the only "reality" shows that are worth watching. I enjoyed seeing McBeth on ESPN, but seeing all his misses around the basket made the clip too fake. At least Brodie has someone clear his filming area of all of his mistakes before he puts out his finished product. Reminds me of Chris Angel videos...OK, turn off the camera for a while so I can do my fake magic...OK, turn the camera back on again...Wow, my mind was just blown!!!

Disc Golfers: We need more women to play.

Response: Oh that girl isn't attractive, she doesn't deserve to be sponsored, etc etc.

Disc Golfers: Grow the sport, ESPN, blah blah blah.

Response: Oh that clip wasn't cool enough, yadda yadda yadda.

We are the reason that we can't have nice things.

Pretty weak 'trick shot' to make the Top 10. Almost everything Simon has posted on his Instagram is much more 'wow' worthy.

Seeing tournament aces is probably the best exposure the sport can get on SportsCenter. Trick shots just make it seem like a novelty.

Thanks for posting the video. That ace was awesome! McBeth deserves back to back SC top 10s!

Also, what a hole to ace! 109m = 358ft, and from the video it looked slightly uphill. The slope past the hole makes me wonder if he was really trying to ace it, or just happened to put a little extra stank on his shot and the basket grabbed it.

Not 100% sure, but I think it is Tony Cornheiser(prob spelled wrong) I have always thought that the member ESPNNEWS is Tony. If espnnews is someone else, then it might be that person. just a hunch, which could be wrong.:\

Lol Kornheiser. That wrinkled old fossil can barely wrap his dried out brain around soccer, MMA or any other 21st century sport surging in popularity, so there's no chance he's ever reckoned disc golf.

The guy at ESPN who has been responsible for inserting disc golf into their Top 10 Plays segment over the last few years is a producer/disc golfer named Mahmoud Bahrani. (Or at least he was the one when disc golf started showing up on the WWL last year, not sure if he's still the one pushing disc golf there.) He's on Twitter, FB, IG, Reddit and his name has popped up in posts on here too. Not sure if he, himself, has ever posted here, though.

If you're stoked that disc golf has been on ESPN the last 18 months, he's the one to thank.

Lol Kornheiser. That wrinkled old fossil can barely wrap his dried out brain around soccer, MMA or any other 21st century sport surging in popularity, so there's no chance he's ever reckoned disc golf.

The guy at ESPN who has been responsible for inserting disc golf into their Top 10 Plays segment over the last few years is a producer/disc golfer named Mahmoud Bahrani. (Or at least he was the one when disc golf started showing up on the WWL last year, not sure if he's still the one pushing disc golf there.) He's on Twitter, FB, IG, Reddit and his name has popped up in posts on here too. Not sure if he, himself, has ever posted here, though.

If you're stoked that disc golf has been on ESPN the last 18 months, he's the one to thank.

Thanks for the info. I wonder if he is espnnews on this site:\If I remember correctly, I think that person has been playing for over 20yrs. That is the only reason that I thought espnnews might be crusty Tony. I figured maybe he used to play when he was younger. Thanks again for the info on Mahmoud.

Latest posts