• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf on Playstation Move

hendersondayton

Eagle Member
Now that it has been out a while, what is the general thought on it?

Apparently, you can throw sidearm and overhand as well as an underhand shot (FWIW).

Has anyone played it? Is it worth the purchase?

I played it at a friends house and sold my Wii. It is waaay better on the PS. I play with a guy that throws wobbly putts all the time and they look the same on the move. I am happy.

I dont think its really that accurate to have wobbly putts, but I'll take your word for it.

There are a few things that are off and it does take the physics at face value; kind of plain in spots and over exhagerated in others; but like I have said to others, its about as good of disc golf game as there is regular golf games.

The one thing I thought they could have paid more attention to is the basket size and the physics to go along with it. You can blast the chains on the side, or just barely nick the chains and the disc goes in. Makes it more of a gigantic pole hole really.

i like it alot - much more impressive than any Wii game.. the PS3 eye seems to track movements better and cleaner.

I have tried many types of shots and they are all possible - with some practice.

My opinion may be skewed because I am also playing this on basically a home movie theater.... huge screen

I think the cool part about it is that it uses motion capture instead of sensors in the controler. There is no more tricking the system and sitting on the couch like with the Wii. And yeah it can detect the bad putt form for sure. Just put it on gold level and putt without spin and you'll see. I agree the basket size is crap and the chains are too forgiving but it is better if you play it on gold. Either way it is a huge step foward from the Wii IMO.

I need to play it on gold level and see if it gets more realistic. Problem is, right now with the flooding and snow then flooding and snow; it just frustrates me Im not out doing the real thing.

Its a lot of fun, especally if you can't go out an play for real, (dark, wet, ) . I got an Ace on hole #1 on the "Ice " section of the game. I think the hole was 220ft or something like that. The game told me to use a driver, but I threw a midrange, instead, and nailed the chains.

I bought the PS3 just to play this game, and it was well worth it. Definitely better than the wii. Like MB said, great for days when you can't get out and play. My wife says I'm addicted to DG even more now that I have a PS3....but who listens to her anyways ;)

Took me forever to beat F*&%ing Umrog in Champion mode.

2 aces on the game...one on the first ice hole and one on the hole where the basket is under a gazebo.

I thought that it was alot of fun when I played it. Kind of like I had hoped that the Wii one would have been.

Its a lot of fun, especally if you can't go out an play for real, (dark, wet, ) . I got an Ace on hole #1 on the "Ice " section of the game. I think the hole was 220ft or something like that. The game told me to use a driver, but I threw a midrange, instead, and nailed the chains.
Innova's hyper-speed driver marketing strategy prevails once again!

Im a big time PS3 DG fan. Won all the Cups and now working on attaining 3 stars for each match. Getting 3 gold stars on the Giselle Gold Cup match is tough, can only manage 1 star against her. I've also downloaded the backwards course play which is fun. The PS3 putting is more of a challenge when compared to Wii DG. On PS3 putting, you have to work a wee bit harder to make those 60 footers. On Champion Cup play, the effect of the wind on the disc can be dramatic. There's also hidden shortcuts on some holes, a high risk/reward option. Wish there was an online option for the PS3 DG. Be fun to compete with other DGenerates.

The Bocce Ball game on the PS3 Sports is fun too. In Bocce Ball, I can not get past the next to last opponent in the Champions Cup. Played 20 matches so far and can't beat her on the Park course.

Wish EA Sports would develop an accurate DG game along the same options as available in the Tiger Woods Golf. The inaugural cover on the EA Disc Golf game would have to go to Ken C. I'm actually boycotting EA sports and subsidiaries until they release an acceptable DG product.

I have yet to find anything that I do on a real course that I can't do in the game after beating all computer players and related trophies.

I think the cool part about it is that it uses motion capture instead of sensors in the controler. There is no more tricking the system and sitting on the couch like with the Wii. And yeah it can detect the bad putt form for sure. Just put it on gold level and putt without spin and you'll see. I agree the basket size is crap and the chains are too forgiving but it is better if you play it on gold. Either way it is a huge step foward from the Wii IMO.

Not true, re-calibrate to the couch and give it a shot. I challenged my buddy to a game of couch golf.

Latest posts