• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf on TV

I was on a gameshow today and hopefully my segment makes it on tv. I had a disc with me the whole time, and even briefly talked about Paul McBeth with the host Frank Nicotero. Supposed to air in the summer.

Frank Joseph Nicotero is an American comedian widely known as the host of the syndicated comedy game show Street Smarts. wikipedia.org

It's called Pontoon PayDay. Kind've a goofy trivia show. But fun to be a part of nonetheless. It's a new show, and wont be on for a couple/few months.

I was on a gameshow today and hopefully my segment makes it on tv. I had a disc with me the whole time, and even briefly talked about Paul McBeth with the host Frank Nicotero. Supposed to air in the summer.

Hahaha. I know Frank. I used to work on his old show, Street Smarts.

So nobody saw Nate Doss (I think) make it on ESPN's top ten plays? Or is this old news, I've been away from DG for months now due to excessive snow haha.

So, on Kelly and Micheal this morning, the guy that called in for the contest was a disc golfer, his picture was him next to a basket.
Forgot his name, but he said his wife was a better disc golfer than he was, and he said she was a five time worlds champ. He lived in Colorado.
Anybody else see this ?

Steve Hardyman. His wife, Kathy Hardyman, who runs Disc-Diva, won 5 straight World titles in Pro GM Women from 2006-2010 and has been a PDGA Marshal.

What if I told you that disc golf has been on national TV very recently? The Finnish National Broadcasting Company (YLE, the "Finnish BBC") has shown the 2013 European Open and the 2014 European Masters live on national TV and on the Internet (also shown by SVT, the "Swedish BBC"). The net streams were available world wide. This year again the TV cameras will be at Nokia to film the European Open 2015.

And to those people complaining about the growth of the sport: I have to drive 1,5 hours to get to the nearest disc golf course and even that is crappy. I'd say there is plenty of room for the sport to grow before it comes "too big".