• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Pet Peeves

I pretty much only play at about 7 AM. If the people in front of me are courteous, I'll throw a single shot. If a foursome (or more) is using a range finder on everything, putting their scores in uDisc before they clear the basket, not even backing off the tee pad when they do let me play thru, letting their dogs jump up on me, etc.... and I want to throw 2, I'll ask/tell them I'm throwing 2 shots. It is seriously like an extra minute.

So instead of setting a good example of courtesy you reinforce their discourteous behavior by doing the very thing you bitched about. :doh:

Passive-aggressive much?

So instead of setting a good example of courtesy you reinforce their discourteous behavior by doing the very thing you bitched about. :doh:

Passive-aggressive much?

Lets be real. Adults, often older guys since I play at like 7 on weekdays, aren't going to totally transform their etiquette by watching 1 person throw a single shot. And I'm sure they are letting like 15 people play through in their round and have been for at least the last year or 2.

I thank them. I tell them I'm playing a best shot or worst shot round and ask if they can spare another 30 seconds, then I thank them again.

Then they get back to talking about that time they banked in an ace off a tree in 1997 while the next group waits for them to throw, when they haven't even began to grab their disc.

the worst is when im riding a groups ass then they finally let me play thru then i shank one into the rough and cant find it and they end up passing me anyways and we do the whole thing over again on the next hole

But the opposite is so true too... is there anything better than playing through and throwing a perfect shot?

This one is more humorous than a complaint. My biggest pet peeves is when people tell you their score relative to par but can't tell you how many strokes they took. Example:

-Them : I shot 4 under

- Me: how many strokes is that?

- Them: uhhhhhhh.......

So here I am thinking they shot anywhere between 50 and 68.

Last edited:
A perfect shot at the end is the best thing that could have happened in the whole game ))) so you are damn right sir

Bluetooth speakers blasting music with a ton of profanity across a half dozen holes.

Or people who play so slowly I catch up to you with my 18 month old, he never goes more than about 15' without getting distracted and stopping so if we're catching you, you're not even moving tournament pace.

Usually it's followed by a missed putt. :doh:

Along with unapproved 'course maintenance'......uDisc par changers.

We have a course which has a 509 foot hole...if you play it well, it is definitely a par 3. Play poorly, it can be more. Someone had changed it in uDisc to a par 4. I tried to change it back and uDisc said I couldn't (can't recall the reason why), so I sent them a photo of the tee sign showing it is a par 3. They changed it back. Not too much longer someone (same person?) changed it again to a par 4. I emailed uDisc, told them it was a par 3, resent them a photo of the tee sign and asked that they not allow changes to the hole without a photo of the tee sign.

I've also seen where someone took a marker and changed the distance of the hole on a tee sign.

We have a course which has a 509 foot hole...if you play it well, it is definitely a par 3. Play poorly, it can be more. Someone had changed it in uDisc to a par 4. I tried to change it back and uDisc said I couldn't (can't recall the reason why), so I sent them a photo of the tee sign showing it is a par 3. They changed it back. Not too much longer someone (same person?) changed it again to a par 4. I emailed uDisc, told them it was a par 3, resent them a photo of the tee sign and asked that they not allow changes to the hole without a photo of the tee sign.

I've also seen where someone took a marker and changed the distance of the hole on a tee sign.

UDisc frustrates the hell out of me as a course owner- nature of crowdsourcing.

If you play a hole well, that score "should" be a birdie. Sounds like a Par 4 by design even if the sign says Par 3.

Latest posts