• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Questionnaire

1. How old are you? 14

2. What state do you reside in? wisconsin

3. Number of years playing? 2

4. How many discs do you carry per round? How many are in the bag? 13/13

5. Where do you normally purchase discs? Online or storefront? both

6. What is the most you can justify spending on a 'thrower' disc? 9-18$

7. Have you been in a disc golf exclusive (disc golf only) store? not before, but planning to go to one.

8. What items do you like to see in stores besides discs? Better discs

9. How far would you travel to go to a disc golf store if you knew it was quality and had a lot of variety in what your looking for? 1 hour drive

Wait, you're 14 and your parents let you come here? :)

1. How old are you? 26

2. What state do you reside in? Split my time between NC and SC

3. Number of years playing? 10 years. Began playing in the Fall of 2007

4. How many discs do you carry per round? How many are in the bag? Currently, I carry about 18: 3 putters, 4 mid-ranges, 3 fairways, and 8 distance.

5. Where do you normally purchase discs? Online or storefront? Traditionally storefront, but recently from Infinitediscs too

6. What is the most you can justify spending on a 'thrower' disc? $20-30

7. Have you been in a disc golf exclusive (disc golf only) store? Nope

8. What items do you like to see in stores besides discs? Bags and minis are really it, but baskets are cool to see too.

9. How far would you travel to go to a disc golf store if you knew it was quality and had a lot of variety in what your looking for? 30 miles

Responses inline below, good luck...

1. How old are you?

2. What state do you reside in?

MI

3. Number of years playing?

4. How many discs do you carry per round? How many are in the bag?

Approx 20 - 22

5. Where do you normally purchase discs? Online or storefront?

80% online, 20% storefront. Primarily due to the closest store being about 45 minutes away.

6. What is the most you can justify spending on a 'thrower' disc?

Around $18

7. Have you been in a disc golf exclusive (disc golf only) store?

Yes, The Throw Shop in Ypsilanti, MI

8. What items do you like to see in stores besides discs?

Bags, Apparel, Baskets, Misc swag (minis, stickers, etc.)

9. How far would you travel to go to a disc golf store if you knew it was quality and had a lot of variety in what your looking for?

I have made special trips to the Throw Shop, but if it was within 30 mins from me I'd likely go more.

1. How old are you?

---SC

---15, more or less. (What's the difference between carrying, and in the bag?)

---Nowhere. I get a fair amount playing in tournaments. Occasionally end up with a lost & found for which I can't find the owner.

---$20, if I had to.

---Yes.

---Nothing in particular. The best thing to see in stores is variety of manufacturers.

9. How far would you travel to go to a disc golf store if you knew it was quality and had a lot of variety in what your looking for?
---I wouldn't. I'll visit if it's at a location I'm already going to, though.

But you can throw my survey out; my circumstances are fairly unique, and I doubt they apply to any potential customers of yours.

1. How old are you?
30s

Florida

It depends on the course. Usually a dozen or more

Online, but only because there are no storefronts nearby

As little as possible

Yes, whenever I'm aware of one nearby

Hats, bags, and retrievers

To be honest, I wouldn't go out of my way just for a dg store. The frequency of my visits would depend on the store's proximity to a quality course. The better the course, the more likely I'd throw it and subsequently pop in to sniff around

1. How old are you?

WA

12/12

50/50

$20

Yes, see #5

Bags, baskets, apparel, minis, zipper pulls, stickers, patches, umbrellas, waterproof socks, water bottles, shoes and specific apparel like Dude stuff.

Hate driving, so it would have to be either close to home or a favorite course.

1. How old are you? 47

2. What state do you reside in? NC

3. Number of years playing? Regularly-7

4. How many discs do you carry per round? How many are in the bag?20/20

5. Where do you normally purchase discs? Online or storefront? I get my friend 46YearOldSlinger to order them for me (he really likes having discs on his front porch when he gets home).

6. What is the most you can justify spending on a 'thrower' disc? $20

7. Have you been in a disc golf exclusive (disc golf only) store? Only a couple.

8. What items do you like to see in stores besides discs? Bags, carts, shoes

9. How far would you travel to go to a disc golf store if you knew it was quality and had a lot of variety in what your looking for? I am not a shopper so unless I pass one on the way to play disc, I will not be seeking one out.

1. How old are you? Almost 52

2. What state do you reside in? California

3. Number of years playing? Almost 2

4. How many discs do you carry per round? How many are in the bag? 18-20 on the course/in the bag. If you count the backup bag in my trunk - over 50 with me at any given time

5. Where do you normally purchase discs? Online or storefront? 98%+ online

6. What is the most you can justify spending on a 'thrower' disc? $20

7. Have you been in a disc golf exclusive (disc golf only) store? No

8. What items do you like to see in stores besides discs? Maybe minis or towels or other small "impulse buy" items

9. How far would you travel to go to a disc golf store if you knew it was quality and had a lot of variety in what your looking for? I drive over an hour to work each day - I'd potentially go another hour from either home or work - that creates a pretty wide radius!

1. How old are you? 42

2. What state do you reside in? NY

3. Number of years playing? 10

4. How many discs do you carry per round? How many are in the bag? ~20

5. Where do you normally purchase discs? Online or storefront? Online mostly from whomever has what i'm looking for at the lowest price. Sometimes PIAS to support local business that supports my club

6. What is the most you can justify spending on a 'thrower' disc? $25 I would spend more if i found someone that has a go to disc I recently lost. F2 150g Bubble Katana with the bubbles in the flight plate not the rim.

7. Have you been in a disc golf exclusive (disc golf only) store? Yes, Marshall Street, Maplehill Pro Shop, Walter's Disc Golf Emporium

8. What items do you like to see in stores besides discs? Apparel; Shirts, Hats, and Hoodies. Bags, stools, birdie bags or other hand dryers, stickers, minis.

9. How far would you travel to go to a disc golf store if you knew it was quality and had a lot of variety in what your looking for? I wouldn't drive for the store itself but would incorporate it into a day trip with some courses to play as well. These trips could be anywhere in a 3-4hr radius from my house.

Hey everyone, I am in the process of starting up a disc golf store and down the road here a new course. I am looking to get some research done for the shop and need some answers to some questions if you have time. Thank you in advanced for the help hope to see y'all on the course! :clap:

1. How old are you? 56

2. What state do you reside in? TX

3. Number of years playing? 11

4. How many discs do you carry per round? How many are in the bag? 35

5. Where do you normally purchase discs? Online or storefront? Both

6. What is the most you can justify spending on a 'thrower' disc? max -- $24

7. Have you been in a disc golf exclusive (disc golf only) store? yes

8. What items do you like to see in stores besides discs? gear

9. How far would you travel to go to a disc golf store if you knew it was quality and had a lot of variety in what your looking for? not more than 30-45 minutes

Thanks, stay on lookout for another round of questions coming down the road! I appreciate you taking some time to answer these questions for me!

1. How old are you?

KS

16-25

About 50/50

$20

Yes

A good selection of different disc golf accessories bags, baskets, retrievers etc etc and quality outdoor gear

Depending on the selection courses near by and other factors I've gone as far as 2 hours but usually no more than an hour.

Sent from my Alcatel 6055U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
1. How old are you?

Travel full time in an RV, but Texas is my legal residence

10-14

About 50/50

$20

Yes

Bags, minis, towels, DG related T-shirts, fundraiser discs for the local DG effort.

As I'm travelling around I've gone up to an hour away to check out a well regarded disc golf shop. Otherwise about 30 minutes.

It's going to be really difficult to operate a profitable brick and mortar disc golf store. Almost impossible. Are there any other local businesses that you could possibly share a space with? Or, maybe just open a liquor store that also sells discs...

1. How old are you? 34

2. What state do you reside in? WA

3. Number of years playing? 7

4. How many discs do you carry per round? How many are in the bag? 16 or so. Isn't this the same question?

5. Where do you normally purchase discs? Online or storefront? Storefront (aka Lowell Shields garage).

6. What is the most you can justify spending on a 'thrower' disc? Whatever they're charging for throwers these days. $18 or something?

7. Have you been in a disc golf exclusive (disc golf only) store? Yes.

8. What items do you like to see in stores besides discs? Towels, bags, apparel, snacks, drinks.

9. How far would you travel to go to a disc golf store if you knew it was quality and had a lot of variety in what your looking for? I have lots of backups, so I really only go to the shop if I'm passing by and think I might need something. So I don't travel far. But if I absolutely NEEDED something? Maybe 30 minutes. Otherwise just buy online.

1. How old are you?

Maryland

Maybe 3 total, only been playing consistently the past few months after a long break

10-12

About equal for both

20 bucks

No, but Ive been to a few small stores that specialize in disc golf and one or two other things

Accessories! Bags, DG clothing items, outdoor gear for playing, baskets for home use

I could justify a 90 minute trip if it was worthwhile. Further if the store was near some other point of interest.

Hey everyone, I am in the process of starting up a disc golf store and down the road here a new course. I am looking to get some research done for the shop and need some answers to some questions if you have time. Thank you in advanced for the help hope to see y'all on the course! :clap:

1. How old are you? 52

2. What state do you reside in? MI

3. Number of years playing? 13

4. How many discs do you carry per round? How many are in the bag? 20

5. Where do you normally purchase discs? Online or storefront? Trades, local Pro shop, not much online any more.

6. What is the most you can justify spending on a 'thrower' disc? $17.

7. Have you been in a disc golf exclusive (disc golf only) store? Yes

8. What items do you like to see in stores besides discs? Bags, led lights, shirts, hoodies, hats, bags, drinks, trail mix

9. How far would you travel to go to a disc golf store if you knew it was quality and had a lot of variety in what your looking for? About 1 hr

Thanks, stay on lookout for another round of questions coming down the road! I appreciate you taking some time to answer these questions for me!

Loyalty programs provide an incentive for people to give you repeat business.

1. How old are you? 38

2. What state do you reside in? FL

3. Number of years playing? 11

4. How many discs do you carry per round? How many are in the bag? 17-20

5. Where do you normally purchase discs? Online or storefront? storefront only - I hate domey plastic, so I must inspect any disc by hand prior to spending $; otherwise I get a lot of my discs from AM player packs & payouts and only buy a handful each year.

6. What is the most you can justify spending on a 'thrower' disc? 17

7. Have you been in a disc golf exclusive (disc golf only) store? Yes

8. What items do you like to see in stores besides discs? bags, carts, shoes, baskets, disc retrieval tools, clothing/hats

9. How far would you travel to go to a disc golf store if you knew it was quality and had a lot of variety in what your looking for? 30 mins

It's going to be really difficult to operate a profitable brick and mortar disc golf store. Almost impossible. Are there any other local businesses that you could possibly share a space with? Or, maybe just open a liquor store that also sells discs...

Thanks for the input, but opening a liquor store and a disc golf store combined is not the vision I see for growing the sport. All for drinking and throwing discs but not the direction I want to take a store.

Thanks for the input, but opening a liquor store and a disc golf store combined is not the vision I see for growing the sport. All for drinking and throwing discs but not the direction I want to take a store.

I understand that you would like to have a pro shop style store. How much homework have you done so far? Have you figured out how many discs you have to sell each month to break even?

Latest posts