• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf replacing football

Hartley444

Birdie Member
I have been subbing disc golf for football on sundays. Notice I'm not getting pissed when my team loses and I get to enjoy the day even if I shoot poorly. Anyone else make this switch? It helps that my team has been sucking

No. My team is doing good though!

I am a Giant's fan so I don't have all your loser problems...but I still skip games (mostly because we can only watch the ((ukkkk)) Panthers down here) to work on courses or play sometimes.

Playing a sport has always trumped watching one on TV for me. I love football and NASCAR, but rarely get to watch day games and races because I am out playing golf or DG. Same goes for college football on Saturdays

Disc golf leagues and tournaments have spared me from watching the Detroit Lions on Sundays. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Let's see, how many playoff wins have I missed in the last 2 decades?

Spectator sports are fine but not compared to participation sports.

I will almost always go play dg and if the weather is bad then I watch football.

Last week i went to the panthers vs cowboys. 10 minutes into the game i was wishing i was playing dg or that i had discs to chuck of the top of the bleachers :).

I can't seem to get my disc golfin' crew away from the tube to play on Sundays, so I play alone. If given the choice between watching sweaty dudes in piles and throwing disc, I always choose the latter.

DG has changed my opinion about night games. I used to hate them, football is supposed to be played on Sunday afternoons. But now, night games open up the day for DG.

I don't like playing in the cold (yeah, I'm a wuss). So it's really only matters in September and some of October, after that I'm definitely staying home. I try to stay away from Sunday tournaments in the fall, but on nice days I may try to get an early round in before the games start.

Of course, the football team I follow most closely is my college team who plays, of course, on Saturdays. For the rare occasions that they're on TV, on a tourney day, I'll pass on football to play. But I will skip tournaments on weekends when they're playing locally (meaning, in New England somewhere).

My team has the best record still(for now..) and i'm going to flyboy and play two new courses this weekend so you could say life is alright.