• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf scorecard app

WildBill19

Hey everybody! Just wanted to drop a link to a Disc Golf scorecard app. I'm an avid disc golfer up here in Wisconsin and the season is just starting (finally) and over the winter I've been working on an app that acts as a scorecard, specifically for Disc Golf. It's only for iOS but it is free, so feel free to try it out! I'd love to respond to any questions, suggestions, or feedback that you have for the app :D

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dg-scorecard/id1445374255

Can I print it, put it on my scorecard clipboard and then score on it with my free Discraft pencils? It would be great if it were erasable as well.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but the last thing I would ever want to carry on a disc golf course is a phone. There are a lot of things in life that simply do not need an app. I am not your target audience. Good luck with the app though.

FTFY
Get off my lawn.

:p

To the OP: thanks for sharing.

Many of the folks here that are inclined to keep score using an app are already using either UDisc or the DGCR apps.

Free is good, but for just a few bucks, those apps offer a lot more than just score keeping...such as course directories to and advanced stats for those into performance analysis.

I like the DGCR app because it automatically marks courses played when I visit a new course, and autoloads to my DGCR scorebook.

Hey everybody! Just wanted to drop a link to a Disc Golf scorecard app. I'm an avid disc golfer up here in Wisconsin and the season is just starting (finally) and over the winter I've been working on an app that acts as a scorecard, specifically for Disc Golf. It's only for iOS but it is free, so feel free to try it out! I'd love to respond to any questions, suggestions, or feedback that you have for the app :D

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dg-scorecard/id1445374255

Hey Bill,
I downloaded the app because I don't like seeing honest effort shot down without feedback.

I fiddled with the app and the user interface is ok:

Enter the name of the course, ok I assume if I enter a name it will remember it... The number of holes (though only 9, 18, and 27 are available), par per hole info, etc (didn't seem to. In the round summary view I didn't see the course name either). So why enter a name?

Enter the number of players: 3 is the default but why? That's an easy fix. Name 'Em is the only choice instead of the option of who cares before wasting a screen, easy fix.

There are a number of bugs I ran into, but if you were to test it pretending you were someone just fiddling you would find them too:

If I chose to enter the minimum amount of information in the initial screens and continue through every hole everything is blank in the summary screen at the end. I noticed if I change a score to 4 for a player all the scores get pushed to the right of hole 9 (on a nine hole course).

I offer this information as a self-taught programmer that has a hard time getting feedback on my work. All constructive by intent. Good luck with your app and remember (if you don't know already) that making something yourself without regard to what other people have done is the only way to stumble on big ideas. Using what other people have done as a starting point will get you in the game though.

Latest posts