• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Survey for University Research

ReinZ_96

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Hello all,

I'm currently doing an undergraduate research project on the growth of disc golf. For part of my research I am collecting information about the disc golfing population through an online survey, as well as in person interviews on courses around me, in order to help draw some more conclusions than I could from just the data I have gotten from the PDGA. The survey is pretty basic; simple demographic questions, how long you've been playing, how often you play, and some questions about the pro scene/tournament coverage. Depending on how you answer the questions it could take anywhere from 5-15 minutes. So, if you have a little spare time (which, let's be honest, you do if you are browsing the forum :p) I would really appreciate it if you could take the time to fill it out.

I've probably quadruple checked everything over to make sure it all works and everything, but if you have any issues with the survey, it's not working, etc. please let me know so I can fix it. Thanks a bunch to anyone who takes the survey!

Link to the survey using my university's online software.

I took it. It was harmless haha. Didn't realize you were in River Falls, that's only about an hour away from where I am. There was I time I almost went to school over there.

Survey completed. Hope the data is useful.

Cool! Took the survey, liked the questions. Good luck to you on your project, and thanks for choosing disc golf as a subject.

Did it.

Weird questions about my SSN, DOB, first pet's name, place of birth, elementary school, mother's maiden name, etc. but I'm a team player.

#sarcasm

It was painless.

Did it.

Weird questions about my SSN, DOB, first pet's name, place of birth, elementary school, mother's maiden name, etc. but I'm a team player.

#sarcasm

It was painless.
That's strange... they only asked me for my online banking password. :|

Could have used an option between "a few times per week" and "every day" on the how often question - including field work I typically am throwing about 5 days per week, so more than a few but less than every day. Make sure you don't leave gaps when designing survey responses.

Otherwise - quick n painless. Good stuff. Very curious to see your reporting.